• Pop-top Goose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop-top Gosling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hence my need to test them... plus they will work great for the smaller single or dual engine builds. (I have planned now.) or maybe I go on the same scale with a K-7.:unsure: no yet. ;)

FoamyDM

IMG_20190401_071816891.jpg IMG_20190401_071901167.jpg
i made some progress. Milling about,figuring how to connect the engine pods the wing the holes aren't sizes right.

But I really like how it looks. 😁

FoamyDM

@Robyle3 , Thank you.
Two things worth noting: The tail is flimsy (maybe bent during all the turning over to fit the wing in and cut) and needs a doubler under the horizontal stabilizer, which will help to keep it true and strong in construction (skewers will work too). The Wing tips sag.

jross

The Wing tips sag.
Nice project. Coming along well. I like it. I'm working on a similar project with half the motors. A full wing to the end of each wing would solve that sag. Would make the ailerons work better too. Most of these large sea planes have fairly narrow wing tips, so if you're trying to build to scale, it's challenging as overall size increases. The things you don't know until you build prototype 1.

FoamyDM

Nice project. Coming along well. I like it. I'm working on a similar project with half the motors. A full wing to the end of each wing would solve that sag. Would make the ailerons work better too. Most of these large sea planes have fairly narrow wing tips, so if you're trying to build to scale, it's challenging as overall size increases. The things you don't know until you build prototype 1.
Wise words... I decided to nix the full length section for easier flying performance... maybe a tongue depressor is in order...

FoamyDM

I should be able to get back to it this weekend... I plan on waterproofing a bunch of servos.

FoamyDM

Ok it's just after midnight...
IMG_20200131_225327015.jpg

re-checked, setup only to find 2 escs non-functional...
And started glueing in pods. Neat Straight and square.
IMG_20200201_001544666.jpg

I'll keep chugging.... But I have to pause. For a service announcment elsewhere. (For which I'm late).

kilroy07

Legendary member
Ok, I"ve been back at this one, getting the other side. (Blue side).
Here's a function test on the red side installed.
My favorite wire fishing tools
View attachment 156436
So far very happy with it.
View attachment 156438 View attachment 156439 View attachment 156440
Mood lighting:
View attachment 156437
Goodnight

Good morning!
That’s coming along great!

I should really (REALLY) finish the Polaris if (IF) I enter the April Showers Contest... but I do have a pile of those micro motors myself that were going into a micro B-36.... the B-36 has... grown into 2205s... so... 🤔

Any reason for having the motors in-line rather than the nacelles a fixed length and staggered down the wing?...
Have to be honest bro, it looks a little funky... but maybe there’s a reason?.... (like staying up late building, 😂)

Now that’s a second of your flying boats I have to build.....

Last edited:

FoamyDM

I might have installed them backwards...
Really I dunno. There was supposed to be more of a stagger.

I was trying to have a slight sweep, but I really straight and level was the focus. I did ok.

I hope you do make one. It will help tidy up the plans

FoamyDM

I've been working on the spruce Gosling here for a little while trying to get in running shape. Server enforce the wingtips with BBQ skewers to get them straight. Reinforced the empenage with BBQ skewers as well. I've connected the aileron servos as well as installed the rudder and elaeon servos. I've checked to make sure everything is going right way. I think the hardest thing about this field is trying to wrangle in the giant octopus. I've decided to use double-sided hook and loop Tacoma stick them all together and get them kind of rangled in.
The motors don't entirely work the smoothest as far as once they get started they are good,but sometimes it takes a moment to get them there and they start are on the way which weeds to possibly having a loose connection or bad solder job.the differential thrust works fine the outer two motors decrease in thrust to allow a yawing action.
Here's the test;
When the rain stops, it will be time for the test.

Rhaps

Elite member
I've been working on the spruce Gosling here for a little while trying to get in running shape. Server enforce the wingtips with BBQ skewers to get them straight. Reinforced the empenage with BBQ skewers as well. I've connected the aileron servos as well as installed the rudder and elaeon servos. I've checked to make sure everything is going right way. I think the hardest thing about this field is trying to wrangle in the giant octopus. I've decided to use double-sided hook and loop Tacoma stick them all together and get them kind of rangled in.
The motors don't entirely work the smoothest as far as once they get started they are good,but sometimes it takes a moment to get them there and they start are on the way which weeds to possibly having a loose connection or bad solder job.the differential thrust works fine the outer two motors decrease in thrust to allow a yawing action.
Here's the test;
When the rain stops, it will be time for the test.
Looks really rad, good luck with maiden!