Spyhawk FPV

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
We still haven't really answered the big question of whats the range.....I really would not want to buy an FPV set up that i cant fly out of linesight.....I have seen about 5 reviews on this plane and none have really tested it....alishanmo was raving about it because he is selling them on his site but he didnt go out of linesight....bruce of rcmodelreviews has one and i will be interested to see what range he will test it to....one things for sure he will fully test it.....keep flying

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
We still haven't really answered the big question of whats the range.....I really would not want to buy an FPV set up that i cant fly out of linesight

That's another concern of mine. The plane looks smaller than I expected (that's what she said) and I would worry of losing it in the air fairly easy.

SpyHawkFPV

We still haven't really answered the big question of whats the range.....I really would not want to buy an FPV set up that i cant fly out of linesight.....I have seen about 5 reviews on this plane and none have really tested it....alishanmo was raving about it because he is selling them on his site but he didnt go out of linesight....bruce of rcmodelreviews has one and i will be interested to see what range he will test it to....one things for sure he will fully test it.....keep flying

A lot of people have the same question and I intend to answer it with a video... I'm currently waiting on weather to go out film the SpyHawk flying to the extent of it's range. We have nothing to hide about the SpyHawk. It's a GREAT product, but it's not going to be everything to everyone. You are NOT going to take this thing and fly it a mile away, and that's not what it is meant to do. This plane is meant to give anyone the ability to easily get involved with FPV. We find that we can take it about 1/2 mile away (guessing here) which is more than enough distance to really have some fun with it (as we show in our videos)

So hang tight guys, I'll show you what this baby CAN do!

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Just found out some news from our clubs maac rep (maac is Canada's flight insurance, like AMA). Fpv is only covered if the pilot has a spotter on buddy box and the plane stays line of sight. So now fpv is limited to either flying big planes, or keeping it in close. Either that or fly uninsured.

That pretty much kills the spy hawk for me. Back to the drawing board.

dwculp

Just found out some news from our clubs maac rep (maac is Canada's flight insurance, like AMA). Fpv is only covered if the pilot has a spotter on buddy box and the plane stays line of sight. So now fpv is limited to either flying big planes, or keeping it in close. Either that or fly uninsured.

That pretty much kills the spy hawk for me. Back to the drawing board.

The AMA has very similar rules - you must have a spotter on a buddy box, you must do line of sight only etc....

PaulT

Mentor
More information is coming out daily on this little plane.
As with most consumer products it will have it's plus's and minus's.
This will be the first of many all in one units to come out, I would suspect.
Only thing that would prevent me from purchasing is the fact that the camera is in the most likely spot to take a bad landing.
But, it is what it is.
An all inclusive entry level FPV plane.

PrebenNO

I just want to say that i bought it. Flew first flight today. It went pretty well. Everything also fit. Only thing is that when the battery is dead, then its dead... I forgot the time and suddenly video+motor+Control surfases went out. It was ok and fell down in a wide spiral. So only a tiny scratch. I recharged the battery and trying it again it works fine. Im happy with it!