Spyhawk FPV

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Traditionally, First Person Flying has been complex and only available to those who could build from scratch and know how to solder. With the new SpyHawk FPV all the hard work is done. It's a commercially available RTF FPV system.

TimmyTooTall

What is the video range with the spyhawk, and is the video display difficult to see in the sun?

Love to know these answers too. Also what are the figures on the LCD? What are they communicating. Is it recording at 720p? I already know the main stuff off the site:

SkpHawk 4 Channel Mini Glider with Built in
5.8g FPV System
Stabilization Module
5MP High Resolution Recording Module with 4GB SDHC Card Class 6 (Card Optional)
Battery7.4v 650mAh 15C Lipoly
Lipoly Balance Charger
Spare Propeller
User Manual
2.4G Radio with Built in 5.8g Video Receiver and High Resolution 3.5in Color LCD

Just any additional info/insight you have would be great.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Fantastic Episode once again guys. Loved it . . specially at the end. One of my friends who is just starting out is planning on buying one of these. Looks like a great little model that you can have in the car just in case :) RTH I think would be well worth it. Were you getting much in the way of video drop outs? and if so what sort of distance?

berryr1

this plain seem almost perfect for my first RC. so far i have had a heli and well it was fun to mess with but i relly won't the FPV system but living in the uk poses a big problem as most of the plain that i see only sell in the USA which is a big shame because i now there are a lot if people in the uk that would like this desgin

bmsweb

Site Moderator
. . .in the uk poses a big problem as most of the plain that i see only sell in the USA which is a big shame because i now there are a lot if people in the uk that would like this desgin

Are you sure they don't ship to the UK? Most sellers now sell and ship internationally.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Are you sure they don't ship to the UK? Most sellers now sell and ship internationally.

Postage is usually $50+ (free shipping only to US) and then there is another 20% VAT and handling fee to add on there, and US sellers won't put a lower price on the box (usually), so that is $500 instead of $370:(

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, shame it's not more readily available in Aus. Shipping costs are too high to make this a viable option over a Bixler and a pair of Fatsharks. But it's very cool. I'd definitely buy one if not for shipping issues.

SpyHawkFPV

Hey Guys,

Mike from SpyHawkFPV.com here. I'm glad you guys like the plane... it really is a great starter FPV setup, or even a setup for the experienced FPVer who just wants something easy to take out. (actually working on a carrying case to make it REALLY easy)

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself here to help answer any questions you guys have.

First question I would like to clear up is the shipping. We are currently only taking pre-order for this first round of stock here in the US. That being said, we are working hard to make these available everywhere we can. We are signing up dealers all over the world so everyone get get their hands on one of these. For the guys in the UK, http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk will be stocking the SpyHawks Soon. For everyone else, email us at contact@SpyHawkFPV.com and we will let you know who will be stocking the SpyHawks in your area and when, or if there are none, get you a quote to ship you one internationally. For anyone interested in being a dealer (you MUST currently run a hobbyshop/website, you can contact us at dealers@SpyHawkFPV.com)

Any other questions, or anything you would like to see in our future videos (within reason :D), just let me know and I'll do my best to help!

-Mike

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Yeah, shame it's not more readily available in Aus. Shipping costs are too high to make this a viable option over a Bixler and a pair of Fatsharks. But it's very cool. I'd definitely buy one if not for shipping issues.

I understand your point as I don't think I would get one, but having said that, if I was starting out or wanted something small and compact to throw in the car this could be the go. It looks like the sort of thing you could hand over to a kid and let them have some fun with.

Mike, Its really good to hear from the Distributor of this great little product! I have friends here (Australia) who would also be interested in one of these little babies. Will pass on your details.

berryr1

well they might deliver to the uk but the cost outways the benefits in most cases. so it would be cheaper to make a plain or by a cheap one from trashy hobby shops and toys shops

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
One such place here:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.ph...fpv-first-person-view/fpv-spy-hawk-basic.html

I have no experience with this company. Maybe somebody else here has?

Hobbypeople have been around for a while. They are a good company to deal with and will ship internationally.

I'm thinking hard about buying this instead of a bixler and a fatshark fpv setup. The only thing holding me back is that it seems that the fpv tx and aircraft Rx are integral and cannot be switched to another model.

Mike, is there any chance of a separate aircraft system in the future so that the radio transmitter and screen could be used on multiple different models? Also is there any way using goggles as well?

SpyHawkFPV

Hobbypeople have been around for a while. They are a good company to deal with and will ship internationally.

I'm thinking hard about buying this instead of a bixler and a fatshark fpv setup. The only thing holding me back is that it seems that the fpv tx and aircraft Rx are integral and cannot be switched to another model.

Mike, is there any chance of a separate aircraft system in the future so that the radio transmitter and screen could be used on multiple different models? Also is there any way using goggles as well?

We will have stock before HobbyPeople ;) (our first batch is already on its way, due to arrive late may/early june)

If there is enough demand for this radio as a separate unit to be used with other models... it is very possible we could make this happen, it all depends on demand.

The current transmitter (well... transmitter AND video RX) has a video OUTPUT that can feed video into a pair of goggles (fat sharks for example)

We will also eventually be stocking a pair of goggles that are MADE to work with the SpyHawk (and future products)

SpyHawkFPV

In talks with an Aussie dealer now! Hang tight!

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
We will have stock before HobbyPeople ;) (our first batch is already on its way, due to arrive late may/early june)

If there is enough demand for this radio as a separate unit to be used with other models... it is very possible we could make this happen, it all depends on demand.

The current transmitter (well... transmitter AND video RX) has a video OUTPUT that can feed video into a pair of goggles (fat sharks for example)

We will also eventually be stocking a pair of goggles that are MADE to work with the SpyHawk (and future products)

Ok cool. Thanks for the response. I'm going to hold off for now just based on the reason that i want something that I can use on multiple models. I'm sure they will sell well though