SquirrelTail Decathlon

OliverW

Legendary member
I love decathlons more than a person should. I have a wrecked Wattage decathlon that got crashed on a landing in 20mph winds. So I am starting plans for my new decathlon design. Once I finish the beta plans, feel free to add whatever you want to them. I will be using my own aluminum landing gear though, so I will just give a recommended size for the aluminum.

OliverW

Legendary member
Here is the progress on the plans so far. I believe this will have a 30 inch wingspan running off of a C-Pack.

Attachments

• Fred.PNG
    Fred.PNG
    50.6 KB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
AutoCAD. It makes the plans like 2 inches in wingspan when I take it into Adobe reader. I have to scale it up huge to where my printer just spits out blank sheets of paper.

OliverW

Legendary member
I have been work-work-working on new plans! Progress so far

Attachments

• Decathlon.1.PNG
    Decathlon.1.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 0

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Looking good. I fly competitions in a Super Decathlon with the UND aerobatics team (well, I will once spring comes.) I'd love to see a good foam board rendition.

OliverW

Legendary member
Looking good. I fly competitions in a Super Decathlon with the UND aerobatics team (well, I will once spring comes.) I'd love to see a good foam board rendition.
Thanks. I love the lines of the decathlon!!! I have the wattage one which is very damaged. I got it without a cowl and put a b-pack motor on it. It could hover at about half throttle!