Standard Scout with pontoons.

AirBone

We built the Scout and added pontoons for snow. It flies well but really pulls hard left when we taxi on snow. Should I add thrust angle to motor mount to help it track straight? We want to take it to the lake and fly off water, but I’m worried it will be hard to bring back to dock after we land.
6D58C1E5-A23E-48E3-A5EB-EA9A9E6FAE0C.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
We built the Scout and added pontoons for snow. It flies well but really pulls hard left when we taxi on snow. Should I add thrust angle to motor mount to help it track straight? We want to take it to the lake and fly off water, but I’m worried it will be hard to bring back to dock after we land. View attachment 155878
That is an awesome look for the scout, especially on snow. Does it always lean back on the tail of the floats or will it lean on the step? Reason I ask is it might be a little tail heavy. When sitting on a table with the battery in it should stand on the step of the floats, the step should be positioned just behind the CG point. That might have something to do with it if that's the case

Seahunter

We built the Scout and added pontoons for snow. It flies well but really pulls hard left when we taxi on snow. Should I add thrust angle to motor mount to help it track straight? We want to take it to the lake and fly off water, but I’m worried it will be hard to bring back to dock after we land. View attachment 155878

Is it an illusion or is there a slight warp up at the trailing edge of the left wing/aileron? That could cause it. Great paint scheme!

AirBone

That is an awesome look for the scout, especially on snow. Does it always lean back on the tail of the floats or will it lean on the step? Reason I ask is it might be a little tail heavy. When sitting on a table with the battery in it should stand on the step of the floats, the step should be positioned just behind the CG point. That might have something to do with it if that's the case
It does lean on back of pontoons. I will move battery forward and see how it handles. Thanks