STAR WARS scratch builds

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
First testrun!

So I attempted a maiden of the LAAT. I tried to take off from grass, for more safety. As it gained speed, the nose lifted off the ground and it flipped over. It was terribly tailheavy. I dont really count this as a fail, because with all the lift from the prop-induced airflow over the canards I couldnt calculate the correct CG. Beeing tailheavy is a good thing, because now I know that I can shift the CG even further to the front, which would help with stability.

I´ll make a proper video once it flyes good, because all the little fails are not exciting enough.

jfaleo1

Has anyone built a TIE interceptor?

Was working a Tie Reaper tail heavy and underpowered going to get back to it soon, the Razor Crest too, same issues. sfs_tie_reaper_troop_transport_ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex_daxaum5-pre.jpg IMG_3211.jpeg IMG_3209.jpeg

jfaleo1

Did you see HH new Citation Longitude Twin? What's your opinion?

Yup, I saw it. Not bad, wings and engines are a little out of proportion (both too big) but it is close enough if the gear is off, gear is way to big. It is one of the best likenesses of a business jets I have seen. Considering one for myself, partly to make my cube mate jealous (Primary instructor) when I am back to working at work and not home.
By the way if you all did not know I work for as an aircraft maintenance instructor next to the Textron facility in Wichita, I teach the faster (and prettier) Citation X/X+, and the slower and less pretty Citation Latitude. There is no call for a Millennium Falcon instructor though;)

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Holy sh*******!!!

After lots of time and good success with the LAAT, I finally launched the Umbaran Starfighter!

And I cant believe this, but it literally worked FIRST TRY!!!

Thats insane considering I choose a random CG, random thrust angle and random motor position. All three need to be perfect to make it fly.

Sadly, I didnt record the flight, but maybe someone else did.

So, maybe youll see a video today, or a second flight tomorrow!