Star Wars X-wing...can Peter make it and Josh 'laser' it into a speedbuild kit?

beefalo

Quad EDF

I wonder if they built the quad EDF version if they could do 0 control surfaces an control direction via differential thrust only....

Lupus

Well, we haven't seen anything yet. . . I think our best bet is an article written by a member of the community.

h1975

Well i sure hope they notice the 2000+ viewers of this thread and make an episode with some Star Wars material somewhere around the airing of the film!

Last edited:

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Interesting, as it is. He glued his toy x-wing to the body of a quad. We would have figured that out months ago. But we're trying to build one to function as an airplane. Hopefully with articulating wings.
Okay, yes. It's cool. Thumbs up.

I think the Imperial Shuttle, Scimitar (Sith Infiltrator) would also be another be a fantastic model. Or go big with the SUPER Star Destroyer. I'd love to see if the team can come up with something.

h1975

Well today the guys from Flitetest posted a Star Wars speeder on facebook..... Maybe this idea is catching on :)
Having an x-wing speedbuild would be awesome!!!

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
Just saw this thread! I made a pusher version a couple weeks ago and it flew well.
http://youtu.be/19ftOFFFy98
I have an edf version (powered by 2 50mm edf's) with working open/close wings that's just about ready to maiden. I'll post a couple pics when I get the chance.

h1975

How come we have almost 4000 views but still no respons from the flitetest guys?
I do whish we could see some star wars rc action 👍🏻😀

h1975

Hmmm. Lets hope so. All i see is planes that are truly nice for me, but nothing like the awesome disney stuff they used to win the hearts of kids. Getting my kids in the hobby is all about imagination. Stuff they recognise from a movie is always a huge win :)
I do hope they make an attempt for an xwing. And build a trench...yes definitely a trench! (I get carried away now ;)

Last edited:

h1975

*** BREAKING NEWS***
This drone image just came in from FliteTest facility...

...is that Peter making a full size foamboard X-Wing series 7?

haha
;-)

Star-Wars-Episode-VII-41.jpg

Attachments

• ByYERzlCUAIlLod.jpg
    ByYERzlCUAIlLod.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I bet it'll never happen. Flite Test never finished the Shinden. And with the newest episode they might not think it's as feasible of an idea as it seems like it would be.