Start from nothing

jd7792

can be strange but my vision of this is liike bdjen. i prefer having fun to build it and fly it even if im close for the price for a model plug and play.

the only problem whit the plug and play is if i crash it i will not be able to remake it.

Totally hear what you are saying guy's, and don't be put off by my suggestion, but if you note I have a Skysurfer up and flying, (Still my first plane) and having a great time with it, learn something new every time it goes up, but I am still having a ball building my F16 and my Delta Wing (Which will be the subject of a new post in about 20minutes!) With the waiting time on some parts for a build and the uncertainty that comes with first go scratch builds, as a combo item, you can have the best of both worlds. My hat's off to you for having pride in the build....I think all builders will agree to that.

earthsciteach

Again, 100% in agreement with jd7792. Not trying to take anything away from your initiative because it is very commendable! But, you may be setting yourself up for a great deal of frustration. Just words of advice from someone who is a pretty decent flyer, has built a few scratchbuilds, and still ends up scratching his head working the kinks out of those scratchbuilds!

Knap

thx for the advice, i know i'm in front of lots a complication, questionning and maybe its will never fly well. But for the moment i have most of the non electric parts. Today i found a piano Rod (thx colorex). so i will begin the sculting of my foam and upload some photo during the prossesing.

if my scratch build rly dosent work i will considerate to by a Bixler. Flitetest do everyting whit this model. could be a good option for a beginner.

jelofson

If you are doing the F-22, also grab some servo extensions. Something like this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/....._10pcs_bag_.html

For servos, get the HXT900s. You need two for this plane.

You can use the 1600kv motor, which will give you a bit more speed etc, or go with the 1300kv one, which is more for beginners. I use the 1300 kv one with a GWS 8043 propeller. The 24 gram 1300 kv motor does not come with mounting screws. Not sure about the park 300.

I would also use a 3S 500 battery over a 2S.

You could use dowel from your local hardware store rather than carbon tube. Canadian Tire often sells it. I did put carbon rod on my plane under the wing because it adds significant strength. You could also put some bamboo skewers on the leading edge of the wings.

that's my 2 cents.

Bonne chance, mon ami!

Oh and feel free to ask for more help, if you need it.

jelofson

One other thought, if you are interested, is the Hobby Zone Champ RTF. That was my first plane, just this year, in fact. It is crazy easy to fly and ready to go out of the box. Almost indestructible too. I did have to replace the motor, but that was pretty cheap. The whole kit is about $90. This plane is DSM2 compatible, so my plan was to eventually get a Spektrum Tx, which I now have. I can fly this plane and my other planes with the Spektrum Tx.

Champ Challenge

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
thx for the advice, i know i'm in front of lots a complication, questionning and maybe its will never fly well. But for the moment i have most of the non electric parts. Today i found a piano Rod (thx colorex). so i will begin the sculting of my foam and upload some photo during the prossesing.

if my scratch build rly dosent work i will considerate to by a Bixler. Flitetest do everyting whit this model. could be a good option for a beginner.

The Bixler is not a bad beginner plane or first plane...
The HZ Supercub is a GREAT beginner plane!

earthsciteach

Agreed, Ninja. But, given the cost of the HZ Super Cub vs an RTF Bixler, I have to give the Bixler "props" ;) over the Cub.
Now, don't get me wrong, my HZ Cubby will always be my first love! But, I do like those Bixlers/Sky surfers!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Fortunate for us here in the states the Supercub can often be found used and CHEAP.
I have to admit that my cub was a freebie found by another club flier that just didn't feel like taking the time to fix it up...

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yes! I keep a lookout for these deals all the time :)
Not often do I see them that cheap but there are nuggets to be found out there from time to time.

Knap

ok im back whit some picture of my firts scratch build and the problem i discover.

picture 199 its how i decide to mark in the foam how i will cut it.

Picture 200 the 2 aileron i decide to shape because of the tickness of the foam i got.

pic 206 thats why i decide to shape the foam

and two last is where im at my build.

so now i try to by my stuff on hobbyking but 2 item still out of order

DSC_0199.JPG DSC_0200.JPG DSC_0206.JPG DSC_0204.JPG DSC_0205.JPG

Knap

here the command i just past :

4x #T500.3S.20/9275 Turnigy 500mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack = $23.16
2x #AM-1024Bx10/9631 JST Female 2 pin connector set (10pcs/set) = $1.50
1x #RB20A-ESC/25112 HobbyKing Red Brick 20A ESC = $6.47
1x #AM-1004B/5282 HXT 2.3mm Gold Connectors w/ crimp (10pair/20pc) = $3.95
1x #WH-3MM-BLACK/3831 Turnigy 3mm Heat Shrink Tube - BLACK (1mtr) = $0.35
1x #TGS7x4E/7939 TGS Sport 7x4E Precision propeller = $1.64
1x #TGY-3/8247 Turnigy 2S 3S Balance Charger. Direct 110/240v Input = $11.44
1x #T1811-1500/8475 Turnigy 1811 Brushless Indoor Motor 1500kv = $10.41
2x #HXT900/662 HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo = $5.38
1x #019-00501-2M/8239 Prop Saver w/ Band 2mm (10pcs) = $4.18
1x #HK-T6A-M2/9042 Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2) = $22.99
1x #HK-T6A-V2/12901 Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2 = $8.98

1x #A10-35-PNP/18897 A-10 Twin 35mm EDF Micro Jet EPO (PNF) = $0.00

yeahhhh yeahhh A-10 free

Knap

finaly i have my parts. the free A-10 micro have no receiver yay!!! thx hobbyking. my Rc controler dont have the connection and the prog to connect on pc and after i manage to deel whit these inconvenient i try to fly my f-22 and i crash it on the firts fly and all the others attemp.firts i think it was not well balance and second i think its was to heavy.

any advice will be appreciate

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
finaly i have my parts. the free A-10 micro have no receiver yay!!! thx hobbyking. my Rc controler dont have the connection and the prog to connect on pc and after i manage to deel whit these inconvenient i try to fly my f-22 and i crash it on the firts fly and all the others attemp.firts i think it was not well balance and second i think its was to heavy.

any advice will be appreciate

Do the control surfaces move in the right direction while the plane is on the ground?

Knap

yeah i was able to make them move like i see in a video call delta wing but in the air right or left it goes down on the ground nose firts and tilt on the right side. if i pull the joystick back to climb up he do a backflip to return the nose down. i was rly funny to see i bad my plane was. :p i think a 3 cell battery its maybe to big og the engine is to big to or to at the front.

so i nee to make a new piece of the body, all the aileron are in good shape. but this time i need to place my stuff not like the plan!! :S i think