Start of my 4th year FPV.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well September 5th started my 4th year flying quads FPV.

MY Alien has been down since before Flite Fest with a dead vtx. I got a few packs Los in at FFO but no one had a vtx with the features I wanted.

I ordered one last week and got it installed over the week end. I tested it out Sunday and changed antennas.

This morning I decided to change the rates to a more race oriented setup and run tracks over winter until I can stock pile a few 5s packs to start running Taz.

Its a bit of a different feel after flying freestyle rates on it for nearly three years now.

I think I will adjust quickly and surely have a little tweaking to do but today was a good start and it got me back WANTING to fly and not just going thru the motions.

Besides it gives me something to focus on til I can get my Gremlin back up, get 5s packs for Taz, and more props for the edge 540 so I can learn to fly that dam thing as it deserves to be abused like I do my quads.

Anyway here's the kick off to the new season (year) of flight.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Jeeze.... that looks like great flying to me. Even the tumble at the end didn't look painful.

I can barely stay in the air 30 seconds with an outdoor quad, and I've had one for almost three years now. :p

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm about to start my 4th year as well, unfortunately my anniversary hits the same time as the weather gets crappy... So plenty of whoop and sim action. Had a pretty awesome session today despite the wind, it sort of had an 'end of season' feel to it though which is mildly depressing ;)

Glad you're back in the air :D

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ty for the kind praise gents.

I am used to flying quads in gusty winds now. Its when the cold comes with all the pressure changes up n down that kill me.

I feel for you guys up in Canada as your winters come far too early.

At least where I am I can still get a few days in between weather changes. After all they did tell me when I first moved up here "If you don't like the weather wait five minutes it WILL change"

They didn't lie. The only thing different is the season changes seem to have shifted by about a month since I was a kid.

HilldaFlyer

Jeeze.... that looks like great flying to me. Even the tumble at the end didn't look painful.

I can barely stay in the air 30 seconds with an outdoor quad, and I've had one for almost three years now. :p

Ditto... although I am up to 3 minutes but nothing near the ground, I've made it through three gates in total. Progress... In 10 more years I be at making it through the course without crashing

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I am used to flying quads in gusty winds now. Its when the cold comes with all the pressure changes up n down that kill me.

I feel for you guys up in Canada as your winters come far too early.

I don't mind flying quads in the wind, unless it's super gusty I don't even notice it. Foam planes get a little stressful though. Around here September is usually really hot during the day, but this year has been just crap... Snow the last 2 weekends and daytime highs just above freezing. Hopefully October makes up for it :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
No worries Sean. We usually get a few days to a week of Indian summer in October possibly November. Hopefully you guys get similar.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Whoa, looks like I'm a little late to the party, but 4 years! That's crazy. Think how things have changed since then. We are actually nearing 5 years since I started flying aircraft, but I have been flying FPV for a little over 3 years. So you got me on that one Psyborg. Here's to another 4 years and even more technological improvements to come!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Heh.. Guess I phrased the title wrong.

Seems everyone is thinking I have been flying 4 years when I have just completed 3 and am now 1 month into the 4th.

Anyway thanks for all the support and encouragement guys.