Start UP! - a FREE 3D printable airplane

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
I am currently designing a beginner friendly 3D pritable airplane. It can be printed from PLA and lightweight PLA. You can already download a few parts, and when I finish new parts, I will add them. That way, you will have a new plane by christmas. Think of it like some kind of advent calendar, but not strictly daily.

It comes with two different wings, one with dihedral and without ailerons and one with ailerons for speedier flying. There is also a detachable landing gear so you can hand launch and belly land if there is no paved runway.

It is also easy to print and to build and does not require carbon fiber, screws or magnets. All you need is 2-4 9gramm servos and Electronics in the range of A-F-Pack. maximum motor diameter is 28mm. Use A- pack if you print out of light filament and F-Pack if you print out of standard PLA.

Amfängerfehler_V_Tail_2021-Dec-02_08-17-10PM-000_CustomizedView31042694566.png

Amfängerfehler_V_Tail_2021-Dec-02_08-38-37PM-000_CustomizedView16640669042.png

Amfängerfehler_V_Tail_2021-Dec-02_09-05-22PM-000_CustomizedView15254005587.png

Amfängerfehler_V_Tail_2021-Dec-02_10-56-40PM-000_CustomizedView14209230319.png

The first parts already are already done:

IMG_20211203_150313[1].jpg

You can download the files here, just click on the section in the discription and it should download:

General instructions for printing my airplanes are in the attached files section.

Have fun!

Attachments

• How To.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its all swooshy and flowing with the lines. It even looks like if you adapt wing floats it could also go aquatic. Those renderings look awesome. I am partial to all thisng black and yellow being a Steelers fan and all. Maybe a hint of blue and red in subtle places to complete the scheme. :LOL::LOL:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Wow... I'm loving this plane... Looks kinda like a Bixler....
Maybe it must be named the Scotty.... As Josh Bixler has a plane named after him... But Josh Scott doesn't 😉😉

SSgt Duramax

There is a plane named after Josh Scott.

I've kind of been wanting to build one of those. I think he revised it and called it the donkey. I love how simple and utilitarian Ed's designs are, even if they do seem a bit heavy.

I am currently designing a beginner friendly 3D pritable airplane. It can be printed from PLA and lightweight PLA. You can already download a few parts, and when I finish new parts, I will add them. That way, you will have a new plane by christmas. Think of it like some kind of advent calendar, but not strictly daily.

It comes with two different wings, one with dihedral and without ailerons and one with ailerons for speedier flying. There is also a detachable landing gear so you can hand launch and belly land if there is no paved runway.

It is also easy to print and to build and does not require carbon fiber, screws or magnets. All you need is 2-4 9gramm servos and Electronics in the range of A-F-Pack. maximum motor diameter is 28mm. Use A- pack if you print out of light filament and F-Pack if you print out of standard PLA.

View attachment 212944
View attachment 212945
View attachment 212946
View attachment 212947

The first parts already are already done:

View attachment 212948

You can download the files here, just click on the section in the discription and it should download:

General instructions for printing my airplanes are in the attached files section.

Have fun!
That is entirely too pretty to be a trainer! That being said, santa may be bringing me a 3D printer, and I have had luck with trainer designs.... I don't know which wing I would build though! I wonder if it is something my daughter couldn't destroy. It checks all the right boxes.

Marzipan

this is awesome!

I wonder who I can send this too and get a quote on how much to print it out for me.

I'm in Canada, so my options are limited compared to the US. :p