Started The Building Of The Mosquito

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I haven't heard of this one before, but at 1/2 inch thick, it is going to be difficult to work with and its going to be really heavy (compared to the dollar tree stuff). Online it says its $5 a sheet? So its also pretty expensive. If I were you I would save it for a project that calls for 1/2 inch thick foamboard.

DamoRC

CatholicFlyer

I haven't heard of this one before, but at 1/2 inch thick, it is going to be difficult to work with and its going to be really heavy (compared to the dollar tree stuff). Online it says its $5 a sheet? So its also pretty expensive. If I were you I would save it for a project that calls for 1/2 inch thick foamboard.

DamoRC
yeah, sounds good to me, hurt my hand trying to cut it with the hobby knife.

CatholicFlyer

You'll want to find Ross branded foamboard. Not every walmart carries them, but you may want to check a few in your area.
the one sheet, I made a half of fuselage for another build in the future, finally got it to bend and shape, boy it was loud when it would make the bends, then at two of the bends to hold the shape, tiny bit of gorilla hot glue sticks and 4 pieces of clear gorilla tape, that sucker is heavy with just that minimal addition.

That might be the start to the Double Main Swift Wing B-52, but geeze, might have to save my pennies to get edfs for it to get it off the ground, especially the front with that heavy board. My guess if we had electronics to this piece of foam board, be a few pounds, not light at all.