Help! Starting a new build, what does the community want!?!?!

Which one seems most interesting to you?

• Sopwith Pup (F-Pack)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • P-38 lightning (Twin C-Pack)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Some sort of water plane for the F-pack

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • me-109 (C-pack)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • DR-1 triplane (C-pack)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • FT-long easy (C-pack)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flying lawn-mower (C-Pack)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BS projects inc.

Elite member
So I have about three years of experience with autodesk inventor and for the last few months I have been constructing some of my own designs that have worked out very well. I have never released a set of plans for one because I don't somebody to download an incomplete set of plans and have a bad experience but now I am at the point where I feel confident enough to completely finish a set of plans and release them! The only issue is, I have no clue what you guys want so I figured the best way to find out was to just ask you. So I am officially asking you, what kind of planes would you guys like?!?! I have built most of the planes in the poll before I just never digitized them. I only own C and F pack power systems but I would order some A and B pack motors if you really want a plane that size

Gazoo

So I have about three years of experience with autodesk inventor and for the last few months I have been constructing some of my own designs that have worked out very well. I have never released a set of plans for one because I don't somebody to download an incomplete set of plans and have a bad experience but now I am at the point where I feel confident enough to completely finish a set of plans and release them! The only issue is, I have no clue what you guys want so I figured the best way to find out was to just ask you. So I am officially asking you, what kind of planes would you guys like?!?! I have built most of the planes in the poll before I just never digitized them. I only own C and F pack power systems but I would order some A and B pack motors if you really want a plane that size
Ever thought of a Cirrus SR22 or the like? I don't think I have ever seen one done before. Lots of complicated geometry though. :unsure:

Gazoo

A little over four years ago. I wonder where it stands.

I will not hijack your thread anymore...sorry. I do look forward to see what you come up with. Good luck!

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Okay so after about two weeks of trying to design a dehavilland beaver I have made one observation, the devahilland beaver is REALLY hard to create with dtfb. It has a very small wing chord which does not scale down well at all and if I make it large enough to produce the required lift then it looks way out of proportion. However, I did say that the first one I create will be an F-pack water plane and I fully intend on doing this so I am now designing a Cessna 150 on floats. until then if you really want to see a great water plane for the F-pack look at the AP Kwak...link below.

jperry

would you do an edf? english electric lightning, panavia tornado, typhoon none of these have ever been made from foamboard.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
would you do an edf? english electric lightning, panavia tornado, typhoon none of these have ever been made from foamboard.
hmmm... probably not. I don't have too much experience designing jets, I love flying them I just never build any. However I do plan on making an rc V-1 rocket out of dtfb at some point.