Starting a new RC Youtube Channel?

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Ever wanted to set up an RC focused Youtube Channel?

I've just started my own RC youtube channel and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me starting out, to help me gain traffic and build up an audience. Maybe these tips would be good for helping other people to do the same!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPCw5ycqW0fme1BdvNqOxbw

In the future, I would like to make videos to accompany any articles I write for Flite Test. That way I can write an article and have a well produced video to compliment the article, a little like Flite Test's does.

Anyway, check it out, tell me what you think, and maybe you could support me by giving me a few likes or whatever. It would really help at this early phase. :)

Cheers!

James.

IMG_0103.jpg

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Awesome video and location! You should definitely capitalize on the beauty of the area. I also find that if you're just showing shots of flying around you should cut out as many of the "boring parts" in between and make a nice short video of the highlights, which is exactly what you did, so nice Job!

evan

Great job, you've already got some high quality stuff, and like someone else said, it's pretty great that you have so many views on day old videos.

The one piece of advice that I hear across the board when trying to do something on the internet is to focus on your content. All the other stuff about building an audience and such is just gravy. If the content is good, people will come, but if it's not, none of the other stuff will matter at all.

Another (maybe obvious) tip is to emulate what you already like, especially when starting out. It's all well and good to branch out and try something new, but when starting out, sometimes it's best (and almost always easiest) to follow a path that people have already gone down.

Finally, if you're a small operation, a lot of times it's easy to really narrow down your content to a niche that you're really passionate about, maybe it's FPV, maybe scenery shots, maybe scratch-building. But if you focus down, you can often get stuff done cheaper and faster. Soon you'll have a good work flow and from there you can expand.

Keep it up, good luck!

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Great job, you've already got some high quality stuff, and like someone else said, it's pretty great that you have so many views on day old videos.

The one piece of advice that I hear across the board when trying to do something on the internet is to focus on your content. All the other stuff about building an audience and such is just gravy. If the content is good, people will come, but if it's not, none of the other stuff will matter at all.

Another (maybe obvious) tip is to emulate what you already like, especially when starting out. It's all well and good to branch out and try something new, but when starting out, sometimes it's best (and almost always easiest) to follow a path that people have already gone down.

Finally, if you're a small operation, a lot of times it's easy to really narrow down your content to a niche that you're really passionate about, maybe it's FPV, maybe scenery shots, maybe scratch-building. But if you focus down, you can often get stuff done cheaper and faster. Soon you'll have a good work flow and from there you can expand.

Keep it up, good luck!

Thanks man. However, the reason some of my videos actually have that many views is due to me putting them up on articles before as unlisted, so quite a few people saw them through the FT site. So yeah, I'm not that popular yet :)

I couldn't agree more on the 'focusing on your content'. Quality not propaganda!

Thanks for your feedback!