Starting a YouTube Channel

Wildblue2u

Wildblue2u
So I am retiring soon and I am looking at starting a YouTube channel as a Vlog basically, but a way for me to engage in the social media format. If I can make a few bucks at it, that's icing on the cake. Any suggestions?

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Be careful how much information you give away over time.

Keep your videos to 2:00 or less.

Digital cameras need more light than the old school cameras did.

If you use a GoPro or other camera that houses a micro SD card, put a strip of masking tape over it to hold it in place when you drop the camera.

As I understand it, if you plan to make money from video or photos taken from a drone, you need a part 107 Drone Pilot's License.

Congratulations on retirement!

I plan to fish the high country for a solid month, the year I retire.

kdobson83

If money is what your after I wish u luck. 1million views equals to about $500. Maybe a tad less nowadays.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The new changes state you need a minimum of 1000 subscribers and i believe something like 26k minutes of view time per year before you can monetize a channel.

It is not any easy task by any means and they keep restacking the deck NOT in the content providers favor.

I wish you luck but I would go in with the attitude " if it happens it happens " otherwise you will be under constant pressure to perfom and your natural flow will be effected and show in your videos.