Steering Mods? FT Mini Corsair

jiopio

Hello all!
I've been searching and can't seem to find a area that has mods for planes, is that a thing here? I'm trying to figure out how to mod my mini corsair to have a steering wheel. I was hoping to see how others may have done it before I go and start tinkering just to see ideas. Anyone have suggestions/directions to places where people talk about these?

Thanks!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
There are some FT designs that do have the steerable tail wheel which is what you would be looking for on the Corsair. If memory serves me correctly the FT Edge 540 has a steerable tail wheel. Shows you how the did that in the build vid. Others have done variations of this design. Yours is the Mini, not many people use LG on those much. Whats the plan for this one, is it an indoor flyer?

leaded50

Legendary member
one way..

Attachments

• Rudder_option.png
    Rudder_option.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 0

jiopio

There are some FT designs that do have the steerable tail wheel which is what you would be looking for on the Corsair. If memory serves me correctly the FT Edge 540 has a steerable tail wheel. Shows you how the did that in the build vid. Others have done variations of this design. Yours is the Mini, not many people use LG on those much. Whats the plan for this one, is it an indoor flyer?

Yeah, I have the mini sportser with a full set of landing gear, with the rudder steering on it, I enjoy doing the takeoffs and landings with them as park fliers. So as I finished up the building of this corsair I was staring at it wondering if is been done by anyone else. u/leaded50 has a good suggestion I could look into.
But yeah, was just food for thought mostly, I'll probably keep it as a belly lander for now.