Steve Shumate F-15 Eagle Park Jet depron scratchbuild

quorneng

Master member
cdfigueredo
That elevator installation looks very neat and rigid but has rather a lot of metal (weight!) in it for my taste.
Your aileron link is exactly how I do it but I use long enough horns so that I get the travel I want with the link in the outermost servo arm hole. This minimises the load on the link and at the same time reduces any free play. The benefit may only be marginal but as they say 'Every little helps'. ;)

cdfigueredo

Elite member
quorneng, I know what you mean. The problem is simple, my Tx has no programming options, so I can adjust the expo or anything else, so I have to configure my servo horn connections mechanically. I love using V-bends on my push rods, but sometimes i don't have the wires I need. I mostly use umbrella ribs for that, but they are too thick. But thanks for your suggestion...

cdfigueredo

Elite member
It flew :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
IMG_20200208_090353.jpg

Wow, it was only one fligth because was pretty windy after the maiden so i decide to not put in on risk.
It flies incredibly fast with a 9x6 prop, but i think it need a 8x8 maybe. Looks like need full trottle for get enough lift.
But it flew. :D:D

Now it is time to go for some scale details and add some color packing tape.

Last edited: