Sticky note on transmitter

RedOak84

I keep telling myself that I need to put a stick note on my transmitter reminding me to check my control surfaces before flight... I have taken off far to many times with reversed controls... it is never pretty.

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Yep, one of the most important items to remember when doing a preflight check on a new model. :eek:

randyrls

Randy
I would use one of those label makers, I do for the standard switches I use all the time. I assign the same switch to DR/Expo, and Throttle cut. Or print your checklist onto a piece of printer paper and tape to the back of the transmitter.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I keep telling myself that I need to put a stick note on my transmitter reminding me to check my control surfaces before flight... I have taken off far to many times with reversed controls... it is never pretty.

It took me a long time and cost many planes before I learned my lesson. Recently I have been skipping steps in my preflight tests, (the physical inspections), Just last weekend I tried to land my Bixler clone without elevator, from a great height, because it had suffered either hangar rash or transport damage which I did not check for before flight.

I managed to land it but one a public road in front of an oncoming vehicle.:eek: The driver was not too upset and actually thought it was rather humorous that he almost ran over a plane with his car. The problem was that the control horn, (glue in type), had a failed glue joint and just ripped off of the elevator in flight. Suspect that the glue joint was fractured in transport or the hangar.

MUST follow all pre-flight steps!!!!

Just my experience, (Bad):rolleyes:

Have fun!

randyrls

Randy
The problem was that the control horn, (glue in type), had a failed glue joint and just ripped off of the elevator in flight. Suspect that the glue joint was fractured in transport or the hangar.

I've had problems Like that with both my ultra micro Radian and Champ. No control, and just turns left or right or dives into the ground on launch. Didn't know what was happening. I was just about to launch when I glanced at the plane and realized that I had bumped the elevator while picking it up for launch (I had check the surfaces prior). It came off the z bend and was full down, no control. I went and re-bent both z bends and made sure z bends had not loosened from the carbon fiber push rods.