Stinger 64

Fishbonez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning,
Well my smoking hot, beautiful wife of 20 years decided give me or granted me to have a Stinger 64 for upcoming anniversary on 29 December. So like a little kid I got excited and figured I would show everyone how it goes for me. This will be my first EDF and hopefully not my last. I understand it does not take long to build so. I will keep the post short as well for I may have it all put together before anyone reads this

So here goes. Obviously I checked out the packaging first. I normally am not to concerned about packaging however when the box arrived it seemed like it had been out in the snow/rain for some time and I feared massive water damage. I almost did not sign for it but what is a dog to do when a steak is right in front of him. So I took it but I took some pics to ensure it was all there. I was surprised to see the instructions because rumor control said I might not get any and that I may have to download them. So far so good HobbyKing!

Attachments

• PC260164.JPG
    PC260164.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • PC260163.JPG
    PC260163.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 652

PaulT

Mentor
Dear Mrs Fishbonez, thank you for allowing Mr Fishbonez to get a new plane.
He always says something nice about you everytime he posts here!!! Honest!! :eek:

Can't wait for the pictures.....of the plane....

Fishbonez

Well I am half way through the process of putting her together. I could of sworn I purchased a plane with Rx, will have to check on that. The instructions are ok at best. Does have a lot of pictures and for all us military folks out there. We like pictures Other than that no problems as of yet other than there is always one screw that does not want to cooperate and I ran into it already for the main wing but was finally able to work it out with a little persistence.

Attachments

• PC260165.JPG
    PC260165.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 726

Fishbonez

Dear Mrs Fishbonez, thank you for allowing Mr Fishbonez to get a new plane.
He always says something nice about you everytime he posts here!!! Honest!! :eek:

Can't wait for the pictures.....of the plane....

She says Thank you and my husband is very welcome. I shall repay the favor by taking her to the Coach Outlet Store for a new purse before dinner. LOL whod da thunk I would be talking about purses and RC planes at the same time. :eek:

I love my Stinger. I wish I had the red one. Orientation can be tough. Put a bunch of expo on your ailerons 'cause the roll rate is very fast and it can be quite twitchy. I upped the motor and esc so I can run 4s. My son clocked it at 87mph with that app for his smart phone.

Jay

Fishbonez

I could of sworn I purchased a plane with Rx, will have to check on that.

Nope HK is correct I see on my purchse order that it is required before use. No problem I think I would want a spektrum in there as well

Also I noticed as I installed the tail section the wires for the up and down elevator servos seemd short and not long enough to hook up to a Rx so I may purchase a extenion for those. Also I just realized I do not have the correct adapter for charging my bateries DOAH need that as well

Fishbonez

I love my Stinger. I wish I had the red one. Orientation can be tough. Put a bunch of expo on your ailerons 'cause the roll rate is very fast and it can be quite twitchy. I upped the motor and esc so I can run 4s. My son clocked it at 87mph with that app for his smart phone.

Jay

Thanks for the advice I will just do that. I have never really messed with my expo at all so I may have some questions coming

Fishbonez

90% done

Ok its 90% done. I need to go pick up a Rx some extension wire and a adpter for my charger. Not bad so far. I do have some questions that I do not see in the manual, maybe someone can answer. I know where the foam piece on top goes but how is it mounted, glued? and there is a lot of space where the servos wire run in the fuse not sure if I need to glue it shut after every thing is hooked up?
There is also an ole saying in the mechanics world and that is "If you dont have extra nuts and bolts you put it together wrong" and I do I have 2 extra screws and I assume the servo horns are spares. Could that be the screws for the top piece? Hmmm

Thats about all for now until my return from the LHS

Attachments

• PC260163.JPG
    PC260163.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 643
  • PC260164.JPG
    PC260164.JPG
    662.2 KB · Views: 72
  • PC260165.JPG
    PC260165.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 635
  • PC260168.JPG
    PC260168.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PC260166.JPG
    PC260166.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:

earthsciteach

Woo Hoooooo!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this adventure for a while now, Bonez! From poor FWD to a bona fide EDF! We have come so far, have we not?:)

Yeah, the battery connector thing is a perpetual annoyance. I have yet to standardize all of my connectors. Most of my planes and batteries have EC3 connectors. But the Wild Hawk has Dean's connectors (T-plug). The stuff I order from Nitroplanes comes with banana connectors. I ran out of enough spare connectors to solder onto the wires that I decided to make up a "universal connector." This allows me to use EC3, T-plug, and banana connectors in any of my planes. The benefit of this is that Grandi, the guy I run the RC club with at school, has a bunch of batteries that I can free load off of with my fancy connector! Here's a pic.

Photo 17.jpg

Fishbonez

Woo Hoooooo!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this adventure for a while now, Bonez! From poor FWD to a bona fide EDF! We have come so far, have we not?:)

Dude its amazing how far we have come been a blast I think we are definitly addicts LOL

Yeah, the battery connector thing is a perpetual annoyance. I have yet to standardize all of my connectors. Most of my planes and batteries have EC3 connectors. But the Wild Hawk has Dean's connectors (T-plug). The stuff I order from Nitroplanes comes with banana connectors. I ran out of enough spare connectors to solder onto the wires that I decided to make up a "universal connector." This allows me to use EC3, T-plug, and banana connectors in any of my planes. The benefit of this is that Grandi, the guy I run the RC club with at school, has a bunch of batteries that I can free load off of with my fancy connector! Here's a pic.]

Great Idea I think I may do that myself.

Fishbonez

Hey Teach I did not know you were in this movie. Can I have an autograph??

Striking resemblance :cool:

teach.jpg

My wife says YOU DA MAN!!!! :cool:

Just joshin ya brother

Last edited:
It gets glued. If I remember correctly mine had some extra hardware. If you have a computer radio you may want to set up flaperons too. You have to keep it a little hot when landing because it will tip stall.

earthsciteach

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! At least its not, "do you know who you look like?"
Me: "Brad Pit."
Them: "Um, no... Robin Williams."
I get that one a lot.

BTW: I just managed to crash my cub at near full speed and do no damage whatsoever. I'm getting really good. Its on video, too!

Fishbonez

It gets glued. If I remember correctly mine had some extra hardware. If you have a computer radio you may want to set up flaperons too. You have to keep it a little hot when landing because it will tip stall.
Again thanks for the advice. Do I need another wire set up fo that? Seems like I read somewher that I do just cant recall what kind for that matter

Fishbonez

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! At least its not, "do you know who you look like?"
Me: "Brad Pit."
Them: "Um, no... Robin Williams."
I get that one a lot.

I hear ya I often am told I look like Bob Saggot when I had hair. or that I am related to Klinger from MASH because of my big nose LOL [/QUOTE]

BTW: I just managed to crash my cub at near full speed and do no damage whatsoever. I'm getting really good. Its on video, too!

I think your cub is taking to many lessons from FWD

earthsciteach

In that case, I won't be surprised when you post a video of you in a fuzzy, pink housecoat and slippers hang gliding off into the sun.

For you youngun's out there, that's a M.A.S.H. reference-one of the greatest shows to ever be aired!