Strange FrSky Discovery!

jsut210

Expert Crash-Lander
My story begins when I began to notice some very poor performance from my MacBook Pro. The internet connection seemed to slow to a stop now and then. I tried all the simple things like virus scans and rebooting the router to no avail. But then one day, I was messing around with my Turnigy 9x with the FrSky DJT module and trying to watch the latest FT video. As explained before, the video would not load at all. But, when I went to power off and store my 9x, the video sprung to life! I had figured it out; the FrSky module must be creating so much noise that the 2.4ghz wifi signal is being lost. Has anyone else experienced this with both other computers or other transmitters? I am very interested to see if I am alone here :p Well, I guess I can't program mixes and watch FT anymore!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If I turn on my 9X/Frsky module near my Sirius radio, I lose the Sirius signal. Never noticed it on my Wifi though....

eagle4

I had the same problem with my hobbyking hk6s transmitter, as soon as I turned it on My wifi died. But would instantly pop back when I turned it off. Very strange indeed.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
No interference with any of my transmitters: FrSky, Turnigy, Futaba, Fly Sky, Dynam...etc. and my Netgear N600 WiFi router. Use them right next to each other all the time.

The noise floor at my location is in the dirt though, unlike a city location.

Thurmond

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I have no interference on any of my gear and my routers, only the Sirius. And the Sirius doesn't affect my gear at all, it's just I lose reception on the Sirius when I turn on the 9X with the Frsky in it... I didn't realize satellite broadcast on 2.4 also.