Strange happenings...

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I finished my Funbat build!! I really like it, but I noticed 2 things that make it a bit tough to fly:
1. there is a significant delay between throttle up on my tx and actually response of the motor. It is a good half to one second delay! weird, any thoughts?
2. I noticed especially on the elevator that when I release the elevator it will over correct and then slowly move back to center...? It makes for a "bouncy" flight.

Does anyone know whats causing this?
Thanks,
Carbon

Fishbonez

I finished my Funbat build!! I really like it, but I noticed 2 things that make it a bit tough to fly:

2. I noticed especially on the elevator that when I release the elevator it will over correct and then slowly move back to center...? It makes for a "bouncy" flight.

Does anyone know whats causing this?
Thanks,
Carbon

Not sure I can answer the 1st but maybe I can answer the 2nd
I had the exact thing happen to me on a my corsair, I know not the same plane, I adjusted my control rod to a hole that allowed for less travel. Hope that helps, just a place to start troubleshooting if anything else

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
In response to question 1, Check your ESC programming. It might be on "Soft Start".

Thurmond

Bollie

Could be a fault servo that's causing your issues with the elevator, I had a servo last week that would flutter. With the throttle delay you could try plugging a server (one that works) into the throttle channel on your receiver an see if you have the same delay, that way you can determine if the problem is with your ESC or receiver.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Tell us what kind of equipment you are using.
1 - can be normal but only from zero. When the prop is running and you are adjusting then the response should be fast.
2 - the rudders have no friction at all on a FUNBAT if built correctly they will hang down by themselves if not connected to a servo. I have got some 9 gram TG servos once - GARBAGE - my HXT (e few hundred of them) have all been fast and not over correcting.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, dodgy elevator servo I reckon.

As for the throttle, it could be the ESC setting (soft start), throttle delay (an option I've noticed on the 9x) or even an accidental setting of expo on the throttle!

I run mostly 'TG9e's, and they are great! And I honestly can't tell the difference between them and the HXT900s.

Foskje

or..

Answer to delay between trottle up and reaction could be the speed of sound? If the plane is 340 meters away, it will take the sound of the speeded up motor 1 sek to travel the distance! and 0,5 seconds at a distance 170 meters... Sound is slow!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Wow, that means that I had my Bixler at around 800 meters away from me when I flew in the mountains!

Carbon

Elemental Madness
thanks for all the help guys. luckly I had more servos and replaced it. The new one works great. the delay I still havn't figured out, but if you saw my other thread you know that the motor burnt out. I think I'm going to shelf this one for a while and get a bixler! I think I'm going to get into fpv. can a bixler lift a Flip camera? Its pretty big. I know my super cub can.