Streamer Combat!! (almost)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Literally for months, my son and I have been working towards learning to fly well enough to engage in streamer combat. I built the DR1 and the SE5 (with donated kits and parts) specifically for that purpose. We flew and flew and just couldn't get there.

Then I came up with the MSBP. Turns out it flies like a dream, and I had built two prototypes with everything we needed to fly together. Streamer Combat Time!

All the time, all the effort, and it was about to pay off. I wasn't sure how we'd take off with the streamers, so I was hand launching for him.

Not quite. :( We were obviously aware of the wind, but we're running out of time. I've only a couple more days off work before he leaves for Basic Training and we were desperate. Too desperate.

I'd say "lesson learned" but I'd be lying. We have a history of playing with foamboard planes in too high of a wind, and I guess it's not likely to change. Hopefully Monday, we try again! :)

mayan

Legendary member
Literally for months, my son and I have been working towards learning to fly well enough to engage in streamer combat. I built the DR1 and the SE5 (with donated kits and parts) specifically for that purpose. We flew and flew and just couldn't get there.

Then I came up with the MSBP. Turns out it flies like a dream, and I had built two prototypes with everything we needed to fly together. Streamer Combat Time!

All the time, all the effort, and it was about to pay off. I wasn't sure how we'd take off with the streamers, so I was hand launching for him.

Not quite. :( We were obviously aware of the wind, but we're running out of time. I've only a couple more days off work before he leaves for Basic Training and we were desperate. Too desperate.

I'd say "lesson learned" but I'd be lying. We have a history of playing with foamboard planes in too high of a wind, and I guess it's not likely to change. Hopefully Monday, we try again! :)
Ouch! Though it looks repairable :).

sundown57

Legendary member

my wife saw those streamers and insisted i do it . so here it is .