Streamer Combat! (For Real This Time!)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
We did it! We finally did it! We got to fly Streamer Combat and it was an absolute blast! We both knew it would be fun, but we honestly had no idea just how MUCH fun chasing each other around the sky was going to be.

Nope. We're not good at it. ;) But boy was it fun until I flew into the ground. Who the heck put that there anyway!? We were doing pretty good until I broke my plane on that darn ground thing.

I broke a strut and both cabanes and folded the wing right where it meets the other half. So I surgically removed the bottom former, glued in some popsicle sticks, glued the former back on and glued the strut and cabanes back together. One side of the wing isn't at quite the same angle as the other, but it's ready to go back in the air on my next day off.

20190709_004451.jpg

Wednesday, weather permitting, we get to do it again! :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's awesome. Wait until you get 10 or more planes up there at the same time. :)

I think your plane looked a little tail heavy with the streamer attached, make sure to make it slightly nose heavy when balancing to help counteract the streamer.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
That's awesome. Wait until you get 10 or more planes up there at the same time. :)

I think your plane looked a little tail heavy with the streamer attached, make sure to make it slightly nose heavy when balancing to help counteract the streamer.
I was having a hard time with it. I chalked it up to nerves, but tail heavy would definitely explain it. I'll add some more weight upfront when we go out tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Bricks

Master member
It is actually hard to keep one eye on my own plane and try and keep track of where every body else is or even trying to chase them down. It is a hoot thou our whole club is finally getting into it if every one shows up that has a combat plane we have about 18 planes in the air at one time. YOU DO NOT DARE take your eyes off of your plane for an instant.

Another fun one is put balloons on the ground and try and break them with low passes it is not as easy as it sounds.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Repairs were made. Planes were flown. A streamer was cut! :) We flew two batteries each, and yes, he got me! The camera angle was off this time. I tried to crop for the best few minutes.

I crashed in the end because I was mucking around and paying too much attention to my son's plane. That was a shame, I was really happy with the previous landing. My son however, brought his bird and his trophy home for the win!

If you are aspiring towards streamer combat with a friend or family member? Do what you've got to do to get there. That's the most pure fun we've had together in some time! :)