Struggling to bind FrSky R-X6R

Heya all,

Today I started assembling the electronics for my tt. I've been having issues with binding it to my Taranis QX7 however. When I enable binding mode on my Taranis, and power on the receiver (via my ESCs 3 wire BEC/control cable to channel 3), I get a blue, red, and pink/purple flashing light, and the binding process doesn't work. PLEASE SEND HELP! I CANNOT MAKE MY PLANE WORK WITHOUT THE RECEIVER!!!

Thanks!

FDS

Elite member
You need to check the receiver firmware matches the TX firmware. If not you should flash the correct firmware to the receiver.
Also try keeping the receiver at least 1-2m away from the transmitter.
Show us the model set up screen on the TX, where the bind bit is, so we can see what’s set there. There’s lots of simple things that can cause this.
ACCESS binding is different from ACCST binding.

You need to check the receiver firmware matches the TX firmware. If not you should flash the correct firmware to the receiver.
Show us the model set up screen on the TX, where the bind bit is, so we can see what’s set there. There’s lots of simple things that can cause this.
Could you explain about flashing the firmware? I'll send pics in a minute.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
are they even compatible? what version of the QX7? ACCST or ACCESS
I have a couple long range ACCESS receivers in the parts bin that would not bind because the ACCESS versions hardware and firmware is incompatible with the ACCST
I bought them before I was aware of any differences and emailed frsky tech support to learn the hardware and firmware is incompatible

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
You can check which type offirmware you have from the instruction sheet and by looking at the TX. ACCESS needs to bind to ACCESS ideally, ACCST can’t bind to ACCESS receiver.
Check our painless 360 on YouTube if you want a detailed explanation of how to flash firmware. You can see the exact firmware on the TX by looking at the options you can select in model set up, D16 and LR12 is EU LBT.

ACCESS binding is different from ACCST binding.
I have the ACCST Taranis. I have no idea about the firmware on the receiver. It doesn't say on the manual or the page on banggood.
Photo of the setup is attached. Excuse my reflection!

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
You need to look at your receiver instructions next, see what one you have. What other options does that TX menu offer apart from D16?
Buying from Banggood is never a good idea with this stuff, I use Unmmaned UAV Tech for all my UK radio stuff, they have great customer service and are all flyers themselves, so when you buy from them you know it will work together.
You are possibly going to have to reflash the RECEIVER firmware, so go watch a few videos.
There’s a few others about too. It’s not mega hard but needs care.

Last edited:
You need to look at your receiver instructions next, see what one you have. What other options does that TX menu offer apart from D16?
Buying from Banggood is never a good idea with this stuff, I use Unmmaned UAV Tech for all my UK radio stuff, they have great customer service and are all flyers themselves, so when you buy from them you know it will work together.
You are possibly going to have to reflash the RECEIVER firmware, so go watch a few videos.
There’s a few others about too. It’s not mega hard but needs care.
The instructions do not say

daxian

Elite member
on bangood.. i found that if there is no eu/lbt info on the page then it is not eu/lbt !!!
realised this with my qx7 purchase

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Banggood don’t sell EULBT. That’s why I only use UMT.
The instructions will be these if it’s ACCESS
71E916B0-1171-4EAF-86C4-8F141883CFB6.jpeg

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
sorry to see, seems you too are in the same boat as many of us with incompatible frsky receivers

I have spent $70 in receivers that are incompatible so I may just buy another taranis ....the access version at $108 seems the best way out of this mess. but I need to find out if the 2 variations of QX7 can buddy box trainer together anyone know? I emailed frsky several weeks ago to ask, but they didnt reply again
great TX but the way things are going with frsky I wont be surprised if they cant even buddy box

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
Buy a Jumper T16, big colour screen, crossfire compatible, onboard multi protocol module, does ACCST D16 and D8 and any other protocol you might want including Flysky, DSMX (Spektrum) and lots of others.
Any open TX transmitter can buddy box with any other OpenTX transmitter, regardless of wether it’s ACCESS , ACCST or multi.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Thanks.......I will look into that but was wanting a buddy box setup, I have a bunch of kids wanting to learn to fly, I have had many of them using the flight sims and are ready to spread their wings, but because some are not as capable as others, I felt a buddy box is necessary

FDS

Elite member
Have a good look at the process first. Make sure you are happy with it before worrying about dropping more money. If your QX7 is working then you don’t need another TX apart from for that. Two Flysky sets are less than the cost of one OpenTX radio.
I haven’t buddy boxed mine, since my son is bigger and got on with it himself.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Two Flysky sets are less than the cost of one OpenTX radio
yes My ACCST is working fine and Im using the R9M long range gear I bought it for....but excellent point and I do have one flysky FS-i6 maybe I can trade the 2 ACCESS long range receivers for a cheap flysky FS-i6....

any interested parties?...Pm me