SU-26

cavpdx

New plane to me, excited about the prospects. My first 3D plane in addition to ailerons. I'm getting the hang of both by taxiing less than 5 feet on the wide streets around us. I'm hoping to get to the point I can control the plane at this height and the move to higher elevations.

Any tips on learning this plane, considering I'm new to 3D+Ailerons.

Thanks!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If you haven't gotten used to ailerons yet, you might want to dial them down mechanically so you don't get so fast roll rate. This should make it easier to fly.

3D is very hard to perform - but it is possible with tons of practice. Do you have a simulator? I recommend AeroFly Professional Deluxe. You can learn 3D on it quite well.

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Dude, learning 3d when you haven't flown with ailerons is like running a marathon before learning to walk. You need to take baby steps bud.

True 3d requires precision control of four axis. You need to be able to coordinate elevator, rudder, throttle, and ailerons at the same time. The few people that can do this proficiently only do so after a lot of practice.

Learn how to use your ailerons to fly a good coordinated turn and then go from there. Try some loops and rolls and then progress into tougher moves. Ease your way into aerobatics and make sure you have fun doing it. When you are ready for 3d you'll know.

That's just my 2 cents.

cavpdx

3D is very hard to perform - but it is possible with tons of practice. Do you have a simulator? I recommend AeroFly Professional Deluxe. You can learn 3D on it quite well.

Heya, thanks for the pointer to the trainer.

http://www.aerofly.com/

Dude, learning 3d when you haven't flown with ailerons is like running a marathon before learning to walk. You need to take baby steps bud.
Reasonable!

I really enjoy the ailerons ability to correct paths, even in a straight line.

Last edited:

planemad man

i have been trying to learn 3d for a while with a su-26xp from parkzone and just couldent realy do it it was to easy to be blow around i got a wot 4 (equilvant to riot) on friday maidened that night. sunday i was doing hariers and hovering no prob. now i can 3d my su-26 no prob to!!!

+ get used to ailerons first normaly it taks along time to do 3d even if you are good with ailerons. you'l ned to learn aerobatics before 3d

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
EDF 3d? Sounds interesting. 3D flight is flying below the stall speed where you are using the thrust of the motor to hold the plane, not the lift from the wings. Are you talking real 3D or just aerobatics? Either way, that's asking a lot before really learning ailerons. Jet's don't typically do any sort of 3D unless it's a profile prop in slot or something like that. Post a couple pictures, we'd love to see what you're flying.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Dude that's sweet!! I stand by my statement that jets don't typically do that though lol.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Awww man.. Embarrassing. I know that too. Looks like my dumb thumbs are spreading. :mad::black_eyed: Sorry. Well, welcome to 3D lol.

Best tip, lots of expo and practice practice practice