Succesful emergency belly-landing of Boeing 767 in Poland

Airwolf

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It was no "Miracle on the Hudson" but that guy certainly did set it down like that's how they're supposed to land.

It looked like they were going to just buff the belly of the plane, fix the landing gear, and use it again right away, until it settled on the engines. Then you could see them start to buckle.

Airwolf

Yeah, it can't be even compared to the landing on Hudson. Captain of this flight is a glider pilot - and indeed he landed this 767 almost as it was a glider...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, it can't be even compared to the landing on Hudson. Captain of this flight is a glider pilot - and indeed he landed this 767 almost as it was a glider...

Interesting, so was the pilot of the Hudson landing!

Maybe it should be a requirement for all airline pilots?

RCLEE

Don't know what the fuss is about. My RC planes don't have any landing gear. LOL :D
Seriously though, well done to the pilot. Just looked like an everyday landing.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Scary but funny video.

My respects to the pilot!

Do you guys think that having RC plane experience can help you set a real plane down??? I always keep imagining that someday in a flight the two pilots get knocked out and I could overtake the plane and do a emergency landing :)

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Massive props to that pilot. Or jet engines?

Scary but funny video.

Do you guys think that having RC plane experience can help you set a real plane down??? I always keep imagining that someday in a flight the two pilots get knocked out and I could overtake the plane and do a emergency landing :)
In the history of aviation, that has never happened :rolleyes:

Airwolf

Scary but funny video.

Do you guys think that having RC plane experience can help you set a real plane down???

I don't think so... but a lot of experience with realistic flight simulator (like Microsoft Flight Simulator) - most certainly...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't think so... but a lot of experience with realistic flight simulator (like Microsoft Flight Simulator) - most certainly...

With the assistance of an ATC I could probably put an airliner down without killing everyone. Yet, chances are there will be a veteran pilot that HAS flight experience on that flight, so they won't let you fly...

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Don't supposed anyone has seen the mythbusters test of it? Basically, they found that you could land a plane like that (well jamie could, not adam :p). I think flying RC planes would help you understand the main joystick, but for all the other buttons and nobs in the cabin you would need ATC to tell you.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Don't supposed anyone has seen the mythbusters test of it? Basically, they found that you could land a plane like that (well jamie could, not adam :p). I think flying RC planes would help you understand the main joystick, but for all the other buttons and nobs in the cabin you would need ATC to tell you.

I saw that episode. Though if they had really done their best, they would not have pushed the throttle all the way up! I think I could have landed quite nicely! (for an emergency landing)