Such a sucker for a cutie!!!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
So....
I was in the local model shop getting some bits for the iNav wing and this little cutie caught my eye and so long £50 from my bank balance.
IMG_20190321_135044130.jpg IMG_20190321_135003618.jpg
Fly's so well with its 6 DOF control system.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
So....
I was in the local model shop getting some bits for the iNav wing and this little cutie caught my eye and so long £50 from my bank balance.
View attachment 127022 View attachment 127023
Fly's so well with its 6 DOF control system.

Okay - I am beginning to think that your local hobbystore see you coming and quickly put out all the pink cute planes / quads / helis that they have knowing you cant resist! :D

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I know how that is...I went in to my local hobby shop and saw the Inductrix Switch Air, and now i'm thinking I might have to go buy it since I still have a $25 GC from Christmas that I haven't used yet!

Only issue I have is that it's got a JST 1.0 connector on it, so I'll have to swap it out (JST 1.0 connectors do NOT hold up well; I've had one fail after about 10-15 connections)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I know how that is...I went in to my local hobby shop and saw the Inductrix Switch Air, and now i'm thinking I might have to go buy it since I still have a $25 GC from Christmas that I haven't used yet!

Only issue I have is that it's got a JST 1.0 connector on it, so I'll have to swap it out (JST 1.0 connectors do NOT hold up well; I've had one fail after about 10-15 connections)
They had the Inductrix switch too......sooooooo tempting!!!!

sprzout

Mentor
They had the Inductrix switch too......sooooooo tempting!!!!

The Switches are a LOT of fun if you have a cat. I made the hovercraft that FT had here a while back, which the Switch is like; I had spare parts from an Inductrix crash that broke the frame, and I put one together. My two cats love chasing it around the kitchen. :)

mayan

Legendary member
Wow what the hell just went on here?! So much fun personal information flying around here :).

You really can’t resist those pink and purple colors, so happens to be that also your speedster is also purple.

I never got along well with helis. They always seemed to climb high lose connection and fall of the sky for me :(.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Wow what the hell just went on here?! So much fun personal information flying around here :).

You really can’t resist those pink and purple colors, so happens to be that also your speedster is also purple.

I never got along well with helis. They always seemed to climb high lose connection and fall of the sky for me :(.
Purple is a favourite of mine. The control system inside this tiny helicopter makes flying it a doddle.
That first picture I was trying to make it look bigger 😁😆

sprzout

Mentor
I bought a switch air, it’s an amazing amount of fun for $50!!
I do realize I need a bigger living room now however....

I “tried” to convince the wife that I did indeed purchase it as a cat toy....
(Her look told me I had gotten away with it this time, but I’d better not push my luck!)

Aw, man...You just HAD to tell me that. Now it looks like I'm going to go to the hobby store this weekend on the sly. :) LOL

kilroy07

Legendary member
Aw, man...You just HAD to tell me that. Now it looks like I'm going to go to the hobby store this weekend on the sly. :) LOL
Sorry 😉

It is a little unusual in that you can swap it between “air” and “quad” mode so the controls are more like one or the other.... I’m not sure if that’s a great feature, or just confusing... 🤔
After several flight in air, I switched and it took a second to reorient myself...
Fortunately it just bounces off of everything! (Including cats)

L Edge

Master member
Wow!! You do have the passion for anything that flies. Heli's are big dollars in the learning process. Our first heli was a Cricket and there was no gyro, you adjusted your wooden blades with adjustable wrenchs.

Be sure to add to your "bucket list" flying a ornithoptor.

Liam598

It looks nice, but the price is expensive :) Have you tried it in practice? Because of the size, I don’t think it will cope with the wind outside. But it's fun to use at home. My children use a similar one and pass each other notes when quarreling :)