Suggestion for a future project video: MV-261 Orca

Thorondor

I'm not a megafan of video games (I have real-life RC to have fun with instead), but I do enjoy them every now and then, especially when they involve cool aviation. Considering that Overwatch 2 has just been announced, I think it would be appropriate to make a flying version of the MV-261 Orca, a rotund combat dropship that the game uses as a spawn room. The opportunity to make a giant version is appealing, but considering that this lunker has more belly area than wing area, that might be impossible. The most viable solution that I can imagine is to make a foamboard body on a large quad frame with the rear motors elevated. Assuming that it flies, maybe you could drop some stuff from it? I personally know a lot of nerds who would love to see this thing in real life. I put the links to the Wiki page and an official video that shows this plane in action below. Challenge accepted?

https://overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/MV-261_Orca

Thorondor

that would be awesome! do you think that would be possible as a multirotor? or I suppose a profile plane type design would be cool too!
I think that the multirotor route is the only way unless you wanna do some weird lifting-body design, this thing has little to no lift area. As for making it profile, that might make it look less like it really does, i.e. round.