Suggestion for a new swappable (or fixed) build

csphoto

Hi Guys. First I want to say thank you so much for all you do and for the excellent videos, plans, site, content, and the amazing charisma that you have created here. I have been building electric foamies for a long time and when I found out about flite test I was instantly hooked. You guys emulate the spirit of encouraging people to get into the hobby and keep it fresh and challenging for those already in it. Your personalities are so likeable and non intimidating that anyone can learn and have fun and follow you all in your adventures. Great job on all all that you do.
We live in a time now where it is easier than ever to start and continue in our great sport.
And I believe that you guys and what you have built here are the biggest part of that puzzle.
Thank you for your vision and all that you do to make that a reality.
There is nothing else out there like flite test and that is a really special thing.
I am a huge advocate of sharing the hobby and encouraging people to explore it.
On any given evening or weekend, I am down at the local park flying your planes and sharing with everyone I meet.
I appreciate all that you bring to the hobby and I know that you have impacted so many people positively.

Sorry for the long post but now to my point about the next swappable.
I would love to see a biplane like the SE5 or a Sopwith pup or something like that.
I know you have the baby blender but it would be great to see something a bit more scale (doesn't have to be scale but just closer to scale). I love the old biplanes and it would be a great plane for people to learn 4 channel at a bit more of a forgiving airspeed than a monoplane. Thanks again for all you do and keep up the great work.

Chris Sit from Petrolia Ontario Canada

Gryf

Chris -

Great idea! I built a Baby Blender from a Speedbuild kit, and have found that it's a big challenge to keep in the air. I have yet to successfully fly it... even with the CG right. So yes, a biplane design that's a bit more friendly would be very welcome.

JUSS10 -

Yeah, like that! ;-) What a neat build!

Gryf

csphoto

Thanks JUSS10.
Great looking plane, and thanks for sharing on the forum. I am definitely going to build this one. It looks awesome and looks like it would be a really great flyer. Nice work on the design and build. Keep us posted on what it's like with ailerons. I'm sure it would be even better.

Gryf. thanks for the reply. I have yet to try the baby blender but it's on my list to try at some point. I would like to try this build maybe first. I like the fast agile planes but also like the slow leisurely flyers. Guess it depends on the day (and the wind) :)

Happy flying guys

CptCrazyFingers

I agree. The baby blender is gorgeous but a little hard to handle. A new, lighter biplane would be great. Awesome design JUSS10!

Last edited:

CptCrazyFingers

I have 2 suggestions. A forward swept wing design or, as I have said in a previous forum post, a Sci-Fi design. I know there is a forum asking for an X-Wing so something along those lines would be awesome. I've even seen a great, flying, model of the Starship Enterprise.