Suggestion for Future Videos

Thorondor

FT Team,
I have grown up on and loved thoroughly your foamboard designs and instructional videos, and because of the start you gave me I am broadening my horizons in the hobby. It's kinda sad, however, that Flite Test won't be there to guide me and shower me with tips and tricks and cool videos showcasing outlandish innovations. I plan to start in micro-flying soon (micro as in less than 10 inch wingspans) and I am very excited to find plans/a kit and build my first plane that size. Perhaps y'all at Flite Test could make a video, a series, or possibly even add the stuff to the store, for designing, building and flying micro aircraft. Based on the success I've had with your content for larger models, I should be up and cruising in less than a week! I believe I speak for a lot of us when I say that.

Smooth soaring and excuse my boring,
Thoronodor

Tjhochha

I would like to see some aerobatics training videos. I've gotten the basics down with loops, stalls and rolls but most of the other tricks, I can't seem to figure out.

Thorondor

I would like to see some aerobatics training videos. I've gotten the basics down with loops, stalls and rolls but most of the other tricks, I can't seem to figure out.
I can give you a pointer right now: GET A FLIGHT SIMULATOR. I went from can't-fly-a-Hobbyzone-Champ to proficient-3D-foamy-slinger in a few months and then directly transfered my skills to real life. I recommend Realflight.

Bibo

You know the white foamboard don't handle water very well. It would be fun with a video where they tested to see how long a white foamboard plane could fly in the rain or being sprayed with water.

IcedStorm777

You know the white foamboard don't handle water very well. It would be fun with a video where they tested to see how long a white foamboard plane could fly in the rain or being sprayed with water.

Yes that would be AWESOME!!!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I've tried that before...

Mayan is my internet brother. Hai-Lee, my mentor. There are many others that I consider my internet forum friends, here. You flew a foamboard plane, in a downpour and purposely destroyed it. That's just stupid. It's a very rebellious, teenage thing to do. I LOVE my planes! I could never do that!

Grow beyond whatever your feeling that made you do that. You fly just like me! Only you did it from a porch, between two large trees! Just like I fly, zoom and roll and roll again, and loop and roll. Just like me. I love flying that way, and it was awesome to see you do it! Don't needlessly destroy your planes, though. That's not only wasteful, it is disrespectful to your parents (who paid for it) and all of us who put so much effort and love into what we fly.

Were you my child, I would be praising your flying skills as I verbally beat you around the head for your stupidity. Come on, man! You've got the skills! Join the grown-ups! :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
FT Team,
I have grown up on and loved thoroughly your foamboard designs and instructional videos, and because of the start you gave me I am broadening my horizons in the hobby. It's kinda sad, however, that Flite Test won't be there to guide me and shower me with tips and tricks and cool videos showcasing outlandish innovations. I plan to start in micro-flying soon (micro as in less than 10 inch wingspans) and I am very excited to find plans/a kit and build my first plane that size. Perhaps y'all at Flite Test could make a video, a series, or possibly even add the stuff to the store, for designing, building and flying micro aircraft. Based on the success I've had with your content for larger models, I should be up and cruising in less than a week! I believe I speak for a lot of us when I say that.

Smooth soaring and excuse my boring,
Thoronodor
I apologize Throndor, My two posts were not related to your thread, but I'm really hoping they helped another, fellow member of this family. I'm stressing my brain really hard, but it seems like FT did some indoor flyers.

Thorondor

I apologize Throndor, My two posts were not related to your thread, but I'm really hoping they helped another, fellow member of this family. I'm stressing my brain really hard, but it seems like FT did some indoor flyers.
I think I know what you're talking about if you mean the single video with maybe three designs. What I am requesting is a series on how to design your own indoor flyers and a few part recommendations for the electronics.I have my heart set on that 8-inch PBY...

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Mayan is my internet brother. Hai-Lee, my mentor. There are many others that I consider my internet forum friends, here. You flew a foamboard plane, in a downpour and purposely destroyed it. That's just stupid. It's a very rebellious, teenage thing to do. I LOVE my planes! I could never do that!

Grow beyond whatever your feeling that made you do that. You fly just like me! Only you did it from a porch, between two large trees! Just like I fly, zoom and roll and roll again, and loop and roll. Just like me. I love flying that way, and it was awesome to see you do it! Don't needlessly destroy your planes, though. That's not only wasteful, it is disrespectful to your parents (who paid for it) and all of us who put so much effort and love into what we fly.

Were you my child, I would be praising your flying skills as I verbally beat you around the head for your stupidity. Come on, man! You've got the skills! Join the grown-ups! :)
This is my last post on this matter, but Grifflyer deserves the exoneration. He very maturely sent me a private message explaining that, although not apparent in the video, it was actually a challenge he was taking part in. He suggested maybe I should have sent him a PM before calling him out, and he was right. He was more mature than I was. :oops: I thank you again for the lesson, Grifflyer!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Thorondor thread and please excuse my interruption. :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I think I know what you're talking about if you mean the single video with maybe three designs. What I am requesting is a series on how to design your own indoor flyers and a few part recommendations for the electronics.I have my heart set on that 8-inch PBY...
Yea, that's the one I was thinking of. I'm glad you know it, because darn if I could find it again. The more I think about it, the more I like your idea. They really haven't spent much time on indoor flyers and it seems like something a lot of people would be interested in.