• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Suggestions for selling kits

What's a reasonable price for a 30" glider kit that actually flies well?

• I don't know

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • $8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $10

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • $12

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • $15

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys, I've been into scratch building for a few days now, and I'm a teenager who could use every extra buck I can find. Do I decided to put two and two together and see if I can make money doing something I love! I've designed a 30" chuck glider that uses foamboard and a few nails (for balance). I made it with the idea of giving parents a cheap but longlasting way to entertain their kids, but also teach them a little about aircraft and scratch building as well. I've made 5 kits to put on etsy along with a video tutorial. They come In maybe 8 prices that you glue together.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/269150...&ga_search_query=glider kit&ref=sr_gallery_11

My question is, how can make this stand out the best? Do you guys have any suggestions? Any feedback is really helpful.

Cool looking glider and looks like it flies well.

Two things I caught right off, first is your youtube link doesn't work unless it is copy/paste into the browser bar, many people will lose interest possibly if they have to do that tiny bit of extra work. Second, I feel spelling is huge, I am not trying to be negative in any way but incorrect spelling will lose people's interest fast, I know you know how to spell, just go over your ad until everything is correct (it isn't ;) ).

When talking about coloring the tips..I would say wingtips, everyone here knows what you mean but others might not.

Otherwise very cool :)

Ah! Yes, Thank you! I didn't catch those little mistakes the first time. As for now, I don't think I can put a working link into the description but I will look a little more into that for the next few hours. Thanks so much for your positive feedback, it's encouraging.

No prob just little things that hit me right away, I have no experience with etsy so I can't help with the link. I did check the shipping to my location and it said $2..are you going to be able to ship these for only $2? How are you going to keep the disgruntled postal worker from making a pretzel out of the gliders? As far as price $5 is too low and not worth your effort, I am not sure what to price them at but I suppose you could start there to see if any sell and then go up from there possibly.

I voted $10, I still feel that is low but I understand the work that you have to put in to each glider and the average everyday person doesn't understand that so I don't see them paying much more. Even the little garbage space shuttle gliders at walmart are $10. I don't know, just my thoughts

jamboree1

That's a neat, basic glider. At first I was skeptical about the shipping until i watched the video. I have to say your packaging of the kit is great in the way it keeps the shipping costs low due to the size. Good luck on your endeavor.

I have to check out the video better on your shipping method, I admit I didn't watch it that far since it was getting late last night. I just know shipping costs these days and was afraid that might cut in to your profit.