sunnysky 1806 motors

Yordle

Hi my dad surprised me today with 4 sunnysky 1806 motors he said he got on sale, i kind of wish he would have got me bigger ones but i cant fuss about free stuff. I have 2s and 3s batteries. Do you all know what planes would be good to build with them and what escs is should get

He told me that i needed to buy the escs myself and i have about 40 dollars do you know what escs i should buy?

tomlogan1

Elite member
Hi my dad surprised me today with 4 sunnysky 1806 motors he said he got on sale, i kind of wish he would have got me bigger ones but i cant fuss about free stuff. I have 2s and 3s batteries. Do you all know what planes would be good to build with them and what escs is should get

He told me that i needed to buy the escs myself and i have about 40 dollars do you know what escs i should buy?
20 amp should be more than enough

Discusses ESC in the thread

MacClarkNC

I have a couple of those motors as well as that very lightweight esc that hank linked. Works great to keep my mini Scout under the 250.

kdobson83

1806 motors work good on most of the mini's. I had a mini guinea with 2 1806 motors on it running 5x4x4 props. The 4 blade props on the mini guinea look really sweet. On a 3s 1300mah battery this thing had unlimited vertical and flew amazing. Decided to add an additional servo for a cargo door. Worked fine on the bench, but in the air under load it would brown out the RX. Too many servos for the 2amps the BEC on the ESC would provide the RX.

Anyway, what plane you chose depends on your skill lvl and what your into. I really want to do a mini cruiser, something about twins... I you dont have a lot of XP, the Tiny Trainer is great and lvls with your skill. Start with the 3 channel wing, once you feel comfortable with that add the sport wing. If you have plenty of XP, and since you have 4 motors, Id suggest the mini guinea. Just dont make the same mistake I did. Add an external BEC if you plan to use more than 4 servos.

danskis

Master member
If your flying skill are up to it build the mini arrow. It's a hoot to fly, the plans are free and you can build one with one piece of foamboard and some plywood for the firewall. If you crash it you can build a new one overnight if you save the posterboard templates. Its a pusher so make sure you put the prop on with the writing facing forward and use one of the motor that the prop nut tightens counterclockwise.

That mini vector would be good too. Prop in slot jets are fun and fairly easy to fly.

The mini-mustang will take that motor but its harder to build, fly and repair.

https://valuehobby.com/speed-controller (the shipping is slow with these guys and you may have to solder on the connector)

Last edited: