Super Flying Model J3 Cub Build

speedbirdted

Legendary member
There are better adhesives to use on wood than hot glue. Thin CA is nice because it will wick into joints, meaning you don't have to apply glue and then put stuff together. Epoxy or PVA are also useful.

Dazzy

There are better adhesives to use on wood than hot glue. Thin CA is nice because it will wick into joints, meaning you don't have to apply glue and then put stuff together. Epoxy or PVA are also useful.

@speedbirdted Thanks mate, early in and even before I got the kit I reviewed a youtube video from a pommy company/group and they recommended anything orher than ca glue as the main instant glue so therefore I used hot glue. Well its too late now to change albeit that the glued fuselage is strong enough.
Darryl

Turbojoe

Elite member
I'm sure it's been done before but hot glue would be my last choice to use for a build. #1 because of the excessive weight. #2 because of its lack of penetration into the wood. Luckily the covering is ultimately what will "squeeze" all the parts tightly together. I doubt the hot glue adds very little structural strength though.

I've had a few fuselage builds that fit together so well without glue that I momentarily considered covering them with out gluing them together. Common sense won out though. ;)

Joe