Super Mini P40 Warhawk

chris398mx

Master member
Any interest in a 75% scale mini P40? I scaled down the plans to a 31" wing span. I am hoping it will fly nicely with the F pack and a 3S. I am also hoping it will be a little easier to work on and fly a little better than the other mini-warbirds. i have big hands and it is very irritating trying to work in the fuselage of one of the typical mini's. Let me know and i can see if i can attach the plans. I have them on 1 d size, 1 c size and 1 8.5x11 to try to cut down on the cost of printing the large D size sheets.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I don’t think that the f pack would be powerful enough. I have a 30 inch wingspan plane that is extremely light with barely any drag and it still doesn’t have much power on the f pack. I think that the b pack would work better. If you already have a power pack f though, you could try it. Good luck!

Jackson T

Elite member
I don’t think that the f pack would be powerful enough. I have a 30 inch wingspan plane that is extremely light with barely any drag and it still doesn’t have much power on the f pack. I think that the b pack would work better. If you already have a power pack f though, you could try it. Good luck!
I have an F pack, and the power is balistic, even on 3s (around 500 grams thrust). I'm too scared to go full throttle on a lot of my minis! How light was your 30 inch wingspan plane?

OliverW

Legendary member
Highly reccomend not putting a 2205 red bottom in it..... I did that to my mini corsair,and the wings flexed so bad it rolled when up elevator was applied.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I have an F pack, and the power is balistic, even on 3s (around 500 grams thrust). I'm too scared to go full throttle on a lot of my minis! How light was your 30 inch wingspan plane?
I’m not sure about the weight but the plane did have more drag than I remembered. I just went back to it a couple days ago and realized. Also, I might have a bit less power because I’m using the old power pack f. So @chris398mx, please ignore my earlier post.

chris398mx

Master member
I was able to finally get it built. See the attached pictures of it next to the mini-mustang. Now, i just need to wait for some better weather to maiden. Hopefully the F-pack will be enough.

Attachments

• IMG_4367.jpg
    IMG_4367.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4368.jpg
    IMG_4368.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 0

chris398mx

Master member
I was able to get the maiden in tonight despite gusty high winds. I was too excited to wait. I think it is going to fly well with the F Pack. The all up weight is 346 grams with a 3S 850 mAh battery. Thankfully I didn't crash getting it on the ground. I tend to make poor decisions on whether to fly or not. I always think it is going to be ok until i am in the air.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yes, 4 channel with 5g servos. I used power Pack F.
I have the F Pack and I really like where you are goin with this reducing the size of the larger planes to fit smaller packs idea. I played around with my printer options and reduced the view size down about to 2/3 the original size and did a 2 page test print and I think I might be on the right track with this. Has me inspired to try this with other planes.

What was the prop size you used?
Wat size of battery did you use and what kind of flight time did you get?

chris398mx

Master member
I have the F Pack and I really like where you are goin with this reducing the size of the larger planes to fit smaller packs idea. I played around with my printer options and reduced the view size down about to 2/3 the original size and did a 2 page test print and I think I might be on the right track with this. Has me inspired to try this with other planes.

What was the prop size you used?
Wat size of battery did you use and what kind of flight time did you get?

I used the Power Pack F as received with a 3S 850 mAh battery. I am getting about 7 minute flight times. (I dont run full throttle all the time. intermittent burst for maneuvers and then off throttle for dives and some 50-70% passes.)

Power Pack F Includes:
  • (1) Motor - EMax 2205
  • (1) ESC - Flite Test 20A - 20A w/Xt-30 Connectors
  • (4) Servos - Flite Test ES9051 5g Servos
  • (2) Extensions (20cm)
  • (1) Y-Lead (30 cm)
  • (4) Linkage Stoppers
  • (2) Propellers 6x3 CCW
  • (1) 1.5mm Allen Wrench
  • (1) Phillips Screwdriver

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I used the Power Pack F as received with a 3S 850 mAh battery. I am getting about 7 minute flight times. (I dont run full throttle all the time. intermittent burst for maneuvers and then off throttle for dives and some 50-70% passes.)

Power Pack F Includes:
  • (1) Motor - EMax 2205
  • (1) ESC - Flite Test 20A - 20A w/Xt-30 Connectors
  • (4) Servos - Flite Test ES9051 5g Servos
  • (2) Extensions (20cm)
  • (1) Y-Lead (30 cm)
  • (4) Linkage Stoppers
  • (2) Propellers 6x3 CCW
  • (1) 1.5mm Allen Wrench
  • (1) Phillips Screwdriver
I have the same package you have. I like how its a bit more then what you need for the FT Mini Series just so you have the adaptability to experiment and grow into. I tend to go through a lot of props lately so I have a lot of different sizes to choose from. I also use the 3s 850mah by tattoo so we are sitting identical on the power package. Thx

Did you have plans that I can compare with what I'm playing with on my printer here?

This downsizing of plans could really change the game for me on the building aspect... adds so much versatility to the repertoire.

Again the P-40 looks great. Good job Bro

chris398mx

Master member
I have the same package you have. I like how its a bit more then what you need for the FT Mini Series just so you have the adaptability to experiment and grow into. I tend to go through a lot of props lately so I have a lot of different sizes to choose from. I also use the 3s 850mah by tattoo so we are sitting identical on the power package. Thx

Did you have plans that I can compare with what I'm playing with on my printer here?

This downsizing of plans could really change the game for me on the building aspect... adds so much versatility to the repertoire.

Again the P-40 looks great. Good job Bro
Thanks The plans are in the resource section for the P40. I havent done this to any other planes yet.