Supercub- First Recon

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
First in flight video from my GoPro Hero.
Bumpy and poor visibility but wasn't going to miss a chance to try out the new camera.
Unedited and pretty long. Go right to 12:50 if you get bored and want to the crash :)

earthsciteach

Nice, Ninja! Let me give you a suggestion, though. Don't admit to a "squirrelly take-off." Change the caption to "aggressive taxiing." Man, the image quality is great.

earthsciteach

And, you upheld the hypothesis that states, "If there is a tree, no matter the clear space to land, an RC plane will be sucked into it like a dust bunny into a shop vac."

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Nice, Ninja! Let me give you a suggestion, though. Don't admit to a "squirrelly take-off." Change the caption to "aggressive taxiing." Man, the image quality is great.

Hahahaha- "Supercub doing Tokyo drift and then takeoff" :)

I was SO focused on avoiding the fence! I was like, where did that tree come from :)

teflyer

Full Circle
Nice video! Pretty cool how durable the Supercub is! Hit the tree and just pick it up and fly it right after.
CTH Albatross at the beginning of the video!

Fishbonez

Very cool Ninja! What a nice place to fly loved the view and picture quality. I saw the towers giving hand signals to the trees so there was nothing you could do. Also it was not a squirly take off just you telling the plane whoze Da Bowse!!!

oagh

wow , I did that last weak too " hit a tree and so on". that is cool with a GoPro Hero on it.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I gotta get me a GoPro...that video is great!

I love that the plane hit the ground in such a way that we got the entire walk of shame on video! :applause:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Nice video! Pretty cool how durable the Supercub is! Hit the tree and just pick it up and fly it right after.
CTH Albatross at the beginning of the video!

That one is the Pelican. I do have an Albatross too. The Albatross I have on a separate radio so hopefully I can get some chase video :)

scbackyardflyer

That is just the funniest thing ever!! It is so true. You can have the nicest flight with great footage and right in the middle of this huge open space, this little tree happens to have been planted right on your flight path. Did you see how small that tree was? That thing had to be laughing at you.
Thanks for sharing!!
DJ

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yup can't wait for spring. Lots less stuff to dodge out at the sod farm :)

The trees out there at the park get the better of even the most experienced flyers from time to time.
At least I didn't have to climb this time.