Supermarine High Performance Day Bomber

leaded50

Legendary member
Wing, centerpart:

S178_09_f.jpg

leaded50

Legendary member
canopy/hatch:
was just cutted on close to widest part of the fuselage, lengthwise where fitted best behind the engine bulges, and where it will keep an rigid structure. (reason for a bit behind the pilot) All cuts done in angle, so will easyer center it self at placement. Rear part is also angled for easyer mount, when swing rear up .
Pilot is sitted just 10mm under the opening (thanks Adam & Dave for pilot) on just paperboard glued in, to keep max space in compartment. Now i can easy put in a 3300mAh battery, or square 4S.

Underside of the hatch was kept in correct sixe, and got a layer of 2k epoxyglue to keep it more rigid, same did the sides of opening in fuselage and underside where hatch"tongue" and ss rod "lock" gets.

DSC_0766.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
a friend came with some plates of a plastic kind (?) i could get if could use to something. Its used by a Public Relation company as posterboard/signs..
Its kind of hard, kind of soft so dont break easy, quite easy to cut even approx. use a scissor. And quite light! Found i would try it as spar in the outer wings, made as a boxtype. (the plane gonna get removable outer wings for easyness of transportation)
Build starts come together, even the paint. I was "lucky" enough to get empty of foamboard because the Easter (all mailpackages slowed down with many closed holidays) Well, outer wing needs wait a bit...

DSC_0769.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
CG calculators give pretty similar value at 1/3 rearward from LE. (78 - 82mm)... thats not correct. Its more accurate at 100mm - 105mm

leaded50

Legendary member
ready plane pictures between snowing.. A 2700mAh (HJ Power) 4s battery fitted percetly agains rear of firewall.
With its 1300mm wingspan, it have a "huge" wing for floating, who the glidetest aslo showed, and the folding prop invites to it. :) (and no worries on bellylandings...)

DSC_0771 (1).JPG
DSC_0772.JPG

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
ready plane pictures between snowing.. A 2700mAh (HJ Power) 4s battery fitted percetly agains rear of firewall.
With its 1300mm wingspan, it have a "huge" wing for floating, who the glidetest aslo showed, and the folding prop invites to it. :) (and no worries on bellylandings...)

View attachment 197494 View attachment 197495
I need it! It looks so pretty and is so sleek! I love the little gunner in the tail too and it is just so cool I need to build one

leaded50

Legendary member
Removable wing system. (it gives a bit more weight though)... show wing outer part, and center section at connection.
The "spar-connector" is made by some lightweight "plasticstuff" i got (dont know what it is, as written before in a post.

DSC_0774.JPG

here its slides together:
DSC_0775.JPG

and how its locked. Bottom of spar opening in centersection is reinforced with a bit plywood, and got a hole with threads made at underside of centerwing, through the bottom of outer wing spar too. Perfect fit made for one of my green plastic screws..... and keeps it locked tight.
Here you also see my "belly landing" wing supports.
(yes, wings underside got a white/black letter pattern for easier see it in air, and whats up and down at distance)

DSC_0776.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
The gunner is suppose ran at toilet, when pictures was taken...... :LOL: hopes he comes back later... he is "normally sitting" on top of the servos for the tail ...

Last edited: