Supported Planes with this equipment

Onyxius

Hello FT,
I was wondering if you guys had a list of what airplanes would go good with certain kv motor types. I have been learning to fly with my Avastar Elite as my real first airplane and before that I purchased the below equipment to build my own plane based on one you guys showcased from another builder which you can see here a few years ago. Well, i'm starting to look around for another airplane and remembered i had these electric components but i'm not sure what plane would be good to buy from you guys that fit it. Now, the outrunner motor is to be mounted in the back and i believe it spun clockwise to push the air out the back, and so I can switch the wires and use it as a front mounted motor without issues but would need to get a different prop correct?

Motor: Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
2x Batteries: Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
ESC: Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC
Prop: Master Airscrew Propeller 10x5

Thanks FT and anyone else who has some input for me on this :D

So after doing some more looking around i realized that my motor/battery and ESC are more like the PowerPack C minues the 35A ESC and it being 30A which shouldnt be much of a difference right?

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
That set up will work well with any of the larger Simple series planes like the Storch, Cub, Scout or Speedster.
You might want to get a slow fly type 10x4 prop as it will lighten the load on the ESC, that prop is a little high pitched.
That kit would work on a big pusher like the Explorer, but you would need a 9 inch pusher prop for that. The motor will work in either CW or CCW.