Help! Swapables - Simple Cub

kinch

Finished and flying a Simple Cub, what should I build next with the power pod from the Cub?

Attachments

• 20200114_132543.jpg
    20200114_132543.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You should do the P-40 or the Bushwacker. It really depends if you want to do fast flying or slow flying and work on landing and touch and go’s.

kinch

Keep flying the cub until it’s destroyed!
I am still flying the Explorer and it is just about destroyed. I am on my second tail boom, this one with a carbon fiber 'u' beam, and a rebuilt main core. I have about 35 15 minute flights on it. I haven't really crashed the cub yet. I have broke a prop. The Cub is a pleasure to fly. I have a S720 form OMH that is great but can only fly it in no wind. It does have "safe" in it. I am just finishing up a SuperFly. It will be interesting to fly.

Attachments

• SuperFly paint 01 20 20.jpg
    SuperFly paint 01 20 20.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

kecem

Finished and flying a Simple Cub, what should I build next with the power pod from the Cub?
?
Hi I am starting my one now. I see that you applied color by using tape. Is all of the plane covered or only the red parts? If I cover the whole plane with tape would it be too heavy? I will appreciate your response and more pictures of the cub if you can. Murat

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
?
Hi I am starting my one now. I see that you applied color by using tape. Is all of the plane covered or only the red parts? If I cover the whole plane with tape would it be too heavy? I will appreciate your response and more pictures of the cub if you can. Murat
It looks like he only used tape for the red parts. Yes you can cover the whole plane with tape and it will still fly fine.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The Sportster or the Spitfire are great planes to move onto. Both are easy to fly and take the same pod if its the C pack that you used. If you don't mind swapping off the pod, which is a five minute operation, you might like the Scout as well

kinch

?
i covered the whole plane with clear tape because the field i fly in is wet with dew a lot of the time. It has no problem with the weight. I added a parachute drop and 2 strands of lights and it fly's at 50% throttle really well. I get about 20 minute flying time.
The Sportster or the Spitfire are great planes to move onto. Both are easy to fly and take the same pod if its the C pack that you used. If you don't mind swapping off the pod, which is a five minute operation, you might like the Scout as well
I ordered the original Spitfire!

The Fopster

Master member
i covered the whole plane with clear tape because the field i fly in is wet with dew a lot of the time. It has no problem with the weight. I added a parachute drop and 2 strands of lights and it fly's at 50% throttle really well. I get about 20 minute flying time.

Great choice. I love mine - first low wing aileron plane I could reliably fly. It's very user friendly but also fast and aerobatic. Have fun!

kecem

Thanks for the responses.
Here are couple of photos.. Awaiting for the receiver for the power/electronics installation..

Attachments

• 20200410_143224.jpg
    20200410_143224.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200410_143238.jpg
    20200410_143238.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0