Swappable F-35 Parkjet

gsgraber92

I am new to the FliteTest forum, and I have enjoyed every swappable and scratch build video these guys have put out. It inspired me to get back into flying. I am a rookie at best, so I have enjoyed all the info, article and video here. I have been building planes like crazy. I love the swappable series planes and have built a few. I came across Dave Powers site and I love the work they do too. I had the crazy idea to combine both swappable power pod/dollar tree foam/park jets. I came up with a 90% scaled down version of RCPowers F-35 v2 Parkjet with a FliteTest power pod with pusher prop. I have put several hours into this build and am ready to take her out tomorrow for her first flight.
I scaled this plane down to work with the power pod and so I could swap it between my other planes. I have a larger power plant coming but I wanted to see what she will do with my pod setup the way it is for my other planes.

I still have a little left on it tonight but should be ready to fly tomorrow! I'll post photos or videos tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Very cool idea! And if she flies anywhere near as good as she looks...! Let us know how it goes!

LordVader

That is an awesome plane and a great idea. I have built around 5 or 6 RCP F-35s. They are a lot of fun. Never thought of doing a swappable pusher jet, I may try that. Let us know how it goes, I am very curious. A+ for this!