Swappable Lockheed Vega Scratch Build!!!

Bando FPV

Here are some pictures of the V2:

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

PoorManRC

Master member
Very Clever Design work!!! 😎👋👋👋👋👋
The Vega always fascinated me, because for a close friend of my Dad, Kelly Johnson, it was his FIRST Aircraft he designed.
Like nearly every Plane he did, it was a leap forward and a huge Risk!!
Lockheed was on the verge of financial collapse. The Vega SAVED them.

The Composite Cantilever Wing was its major innovation. At the time, nearly every Aircraft type had to have SOME sort of Struts, Wires or a combination of the two.

The Vega really changed Aircraft Design, because it was so much more efficient and better handling than any other Monoplane of the time!!

Besides the History Lesson, I've always liked the way it LOOKS. A Clean, Honest Airplane.
I also have been thinking about doing one... The Cantilever Wing STUMPED me.

You simply used some "FT Logic", and made it look EASY! 😉👍👍 Flies as nicely as the real thing too.
The ONLY thing I can see - and it's purely aesthetic - that thing's BEGGING for a Dummy Radial Engine! 😎

Bando FPV

Hey guys and gals! Its been a while since I updated this post. I have no idea why but I actually made lots of progress since. So far, I believe I have finalized my plans (check below). This is my 4th revision with V3 just fixing minor errors in the build process and V4 cleaning up the plans. The plan parts are a bit smashed and close to each other to minimize wasted paper but if you would like it more spaced out, let me know!

So far, my goal is to create a build video to help guide others interested in building one themselves, but I haven't talked my self in manually having to cut all my parts out again. I was looking forward to using my local laser printer, but its closed due to the virus.

Here is also a flight video I made last year and forgot to post (sorry if you get dizzy, this was the first time I chased this plane so it was very unpredictable and my friend was also flying it who likes to fly fast and crazy):

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Lockheed_Vega_V4.pdf
    197.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Lockheed_Vega_V4_1.pdf
    176.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Lockheed_Vega_V4_2.pdf
    173 KB · Views: 0
  • Lockheed_Vega_V4_3.pdf
    158.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Lockheed_Vega_V4_4.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 0