Swappable scale

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
There isn't much of a predefined scale, FT normally sizes planes so that the fuselage will be able to accomodate a power pod, or to around a 40 inch wingspan. John Overstreet who designs all the master series planes seems to run closer to the 50 in. wingspan mark, but he also uses 4s power setups...

Michael G

Here's my problem I'm building localfiend's 42" zero which is modeled after a type 21 with the longer pointer tips that measured about 39.5'
I'm trying to build a type 52 with the shorter more rounded tips at 36' and I need to roughly know what scale so I cut too much or too little.
I don't need an exact number just a good guess😀

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Good question. I have found that depending on which swappable aircraft you use for a baseline and which model of the full scale version you use you can have a scale of 1:10 up to 1:11.5. Somewhere in that range should be acceptable I would think. My two cents.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Here's my problem I'm building localfiend's 42" zero which is modeled after a type 21 with the longer pointer tips that measured about 39.5'
I'm trying to build a type 52 with the shorter more rounded tips at 36' and I need to roughly know what scale so I cut too much or too little.
I don't need an exact number just a good guess😀
If you are looking for a percentage so you know what to print it off at then it's at 91.14% from the original plan