Swapping Power Packs

dylanbeaudette

We are in the process of scrapping an old beat-up SE.5 and building a shiny new Mini Scout. The SE.5 has an F pack motor and the Mini Scout calls for an A class motor. How bad of an idea is it to use the F class motor on the Mini Scout? Would this motor be too heavy? Can it reliably run with 2S batteries?

An alternative plan: take the A class motor from the Tiny Trainer, replace it with an F, and then use the A motor on the Mini Scout.

I think that we have reached the phase of the hobby where musical parts is the name of the game.

Last edited:

hankflies03

We are in the process of scrapping an old beat-up SE.5 and building a shiny new Mini Scout. The SE.5 has an F pack motor and the Mini Scout calls for an A class motor. How bad of an idea is it to use the F class motor on the Mini Scout? Would this motor be too heavy? Can it reliably run with 2S batteries?

An alternative plan: take the A class motor from the Tiny Trainer, replace it with an F, and then use the A motor on the Mini Scout.

I think that we have reached the phase of the hobby where music parts is the name of the game.
my tiny trainer flew great with a F motor with some speed. the mini scout would be best with the A motor.

skymaster

Elite member
I agree with hankflies03 i made the mini corsair and the mini mustang, i tried the corsair first with an f motor dont now if it was too heavy or it had to much torque but it kept nose diving by the time i switch the motor to an a pack it was to beat up; so i tried the mini mustang with an a pack it it flew nice after 4years is a little beat up but still up for a fight

skymaster

Elite member
you now what if any one is going to build one. would any one try and scale it up a notch, not much maybe 120 to 130% just to see if the electronics are a little bit less cram .

dylanbeaudette

Thanks! I think that we may move the A motor to the Mini Scout and use the F motor in the TT. We might need to get some small 3S batteries for this new, speedy configuration...