Swarm of NANO QuadCopters. Must see to beleive.

teflyer

Full Circle
Wow!:eek:
That is so cool! I wonder how they controled all those quadcopters?
These little things can do defensive maneuvers!:D (Figure eight)
Imagine looking up and just seeing all those quadcopters just doing figure eights and entering buildings in perfectly aligned rows! :eek:

John Campbell

Wow!:eek:
That is so cool! I wonder how they controled all those quadcopters?
These little things can do defensive maneuvers!:D (Figure eight)
Imagine looking up and just seeing all those quadcopters just doing figure eights and entering buildings in perfectly aligned rows! :eek:

It was hard to catch, but notice in the video all those red lights. They are not just lights, they are sensors so they know exactly what is where. Each Quad Copter is individually controlled by computer and then they operate on a preprogramed course. Simple concept, but very complicated execution.

John Campbell

Thanks John! very impressive little quadcopters! Are they IR sensors?

I think so, but not really sure, but that is what they look like. I have seen this technology used in making of games, in particular those where you the player are wielding a sword or other instrument, where you are the animated character.

teflyer

Full Circle
I have also seen IR sensors in robots, such as those made by Wowwee, a former robot toy company. I wonder how they use IR sensors on the quadcopter. Maybe to see how far other quadcopters are from them. How accurate is a GPS unit?

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That is just unbelievable! I have been watching other videos of that university where they let a bigger quad land invertedly on a piece of velcro and it worked every time in every different angle!

Great stuff they´re doing. I also recognised the cameras but I don´t know if they are IR cams or others.