Sweet scratch and dent sale at HK Australia

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'm not allowed to buy any more :( but if you're in Aus, they're selling off scratch and dent planes insanely cheap. Click on scratch and dent and select Aus warehouse.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
No worries! Best deal they had was the 90mm L-39 ARF - normally >$200 down to about $60... Ah well. I really need to trim my collection so I can take advantage of these sorts of sales.

con244

Yes my hangar seems to have grown considerably over winter, I'm rapidly running out of room, no I've run out of room. My wife's getting a bit annoyed about having planes everywhere she looks.
Once again thanks for the headsup!
Con

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Yes my hangar seems to have grown considerably over winter, I'm rapidly running out of room, no I've run out of room. My wife's getting a bit annoyed about having planes everywhere she looks.
Once again thanks for the headsup!
Con

Good to see its not just me! My wife is getting sick of all the models around the house lol

con244

mate, I've got 3 planes on top of our bedroom wardrobe plus one unbuilt kit, 2 in the lounge room on top of the cabinets there and 2 unbuilt kits under the sofa, and 2 outside in the garage because I don't want to die!!:eek: Not to mention all the bits and pieces like batteries, txs etc. Need a bigger house!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Hahaha, I've got a very gracious wife who lets me put them in our bedroom! Would you believe that all the planes listed under the 'what's in the hanger?' thread are in our bedroom? Most are strung up on parallel straps over our bed! The gliders are on top of the wardrobe.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Wouldn't last long - just depron by the looks of it. Best way to make that one fun is to buy a handful and have some mass P-51 fly off.

glydr

Research:

p-51 - $19
motor from aus - $10
ESC - Say $7.50 (I have a couple spare anyways)
4/ 5g servos - $3.50 x 4 = $14 (plus ~60g post, about $1.50)

Total without rx or lipo: About $50 plus the $8 post.

Would be good for the ND indoor nights though.

-------------

What was the other link, that one sold out.

glydr

I think its depron... found a link to a plane in the same series with a higher resolution photo:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012493

Nice shiny foam... methinks depron.

But combat is a great idea and I'm suprised we haven't taken it up yet. Maybe we should settle on a power train, pick a depron design and have another craft night.

I'm thinking 10g motor, 10A ESC, 2S 500mAh lipo, 2x 5g HXT servos. That keeps it light and small that we can make them out of 3mm depron. This also makes it ultra cheap to cut a new airframe when you crash and burn and my surviving aircraft does victory rolls over your crumpled pile of depron.

:)

This could even make a cool FT show, eh?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I reckon your should get an EPP wing like my Red Eagle. I'm keen to tape it up for combat!!! I've got a little 2205 1400kv on there, running off a 1000mAh 3s.

I just chucked out a Funbat frame I built ages ago, which would have been great... Oh well.