Solved Switching from 3 to 4 channels with a mix?

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Hi all guys,
I'm finishing assembling a kit of an EasyStart 1 that was donated to the club recently and I thought about adding ailerons like they do in version 3. Since version 1 controls the rudder with the aileron stick, while version 3 controls the aileron and rudder with its own sticks, that got me wondering if there isn't a way to set up my transmitter with a mix or something like that to switch between 3 and 4 channels using a switch.
Maybe this seems unnecessary but I'm intrigued to know if it's possible because it could be useful for other things in the future.

Basically what I want to do is the following:
Switch OFF
- Rudder responding on the aileron channel.
- Ailerons centered are movement

Switch ON
- Rudder responding on rudder channel
- Aileron responding on aileron channel

My Tx is a Jumper T16 Pro. Any ideas? Maybe using the buttons for the flight modes?
Thanks in advance!

Tench745

Master member
Jumper uses Open TX, right? You can do something like this with either mixes, or flight modes.
Have you used a switch to set multiple rates before?

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Jumper uses Open TX, right? You can do something like this with either mixes, or flight modes.
Have you used a switch to set multiple rates before?
yes, it uses OpenTx. and yes, i have programed multiple rates before but neves changing an ouput chanel.

Tench745

Master member
yes, it uses OpenTx. and yes, i have programed multiple rates before but neves changing an ouput chanel.
Cool, this saves some explaining then.
I have a Taranis X9D+, so the screen looks a little different, but the menus should all be the same.

The mixing page is where you tell the radio which inputs get mixed to which output channel. In the setup for each output channel you can change the source for that mix. Under "Switch" tell it which switch position you want that mix to be active, and under "Multiplex" set it to "Replace."

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Cool, this saves some explaining then.
I have a Taranis X9D+, so the screen looks a little different, but the menus should all be the same.

The mixing page is where you tell the radio which inputs get mixed to which output channel. In the setup for each output channel you can change the source for that mix. Under "Switch" tell it which switch position you want that mix to be active, and under "Multiplex" set it to "Replace."
Oh man, never mind, i have done this so many times... shame on me hahaha. thanks for open my eyes!