Tactic going out of business?

beacon

I started flying last year with a Tactic TTX410 four channel transmitter and built a bunch of planes with Tactic's receivers. Now I want to step up a more sophisticated transmitter and looked to buy a Tactic TTX660 six-channel unit, only to find it is discontinued. In fact, the only transmitter available is the one I currently own. So, is this the death spiral for Tactic? Will I have to switch to a new system?

Tazman

I started flying last year with a Tactic TTX410 four channel transmitter and built a bunch of planes with Tactic's receivers. Now I want to step up a more sophisticated transmitter and looked to buy a Tactic TTX660 six-channel unit, only to find it is discontinued. In fact, the only transmitter available is the one I currently own. So, is this the death spiral for Tactic? Will I have to switch to a new system?
I fly planes and heli’s, I stopped about 14 years ago, I had at the time a Hi-Tech 7 or 9 channel radio with spread spectrum module. It basically could do any channel you wanted you just needed to pick your receiver channel and set it on the module. This was a great radio, I recently just got back into flying again, and started with quads, I bought a Jumper T16 pro, which is supposed to compatible with any receiver on the market, not sure if this is helpful it have like 16 channels I think. It will work for planes, heli’s and quads and is a really nice radio at 160 bucks. I am an old RC pilot, but new to quads and this TX, but it seems to be very nice, very customizable and has lots of sophisticated options and programming. Look into it, not sure if this radio is for you, it is for me, the fact I can fly anything even my older receivers on old planes and heli’s is what sold me. It uses Hall Gimbals, the internals are easily user replaceable, so if a board goes, you can diagnose the issue and simply unplug and plug in new board and its up and running again. Uses 2 16650 rechargeable batteries, they are easily bought and chargers are easy to find. I bought a 4 battery charger for the 16650’s, charges 4 in about an hour, faster than you can use them, and it can charge out of car lighter. The radio is crossfire compatible and if you use that module, it plugs into a bay in the back of the radio and you use crossfire receivers you can fly aircraft from heli’s planes and quads as far as 100KM or 60 miles, not that you would, but if you had a good FPV system and big enough tank or battery, you could potentially fly as far as you could dream, or as far as currant technology will allow, but you for sure would not be limited by range. Even FVP range can reach that far, only thing holding ya back at this point is a tank or battery big enough to last the flight. The radio with the crossfire system cost me in total 368.00 bucks, to me that is not a big price to pay. The radio is very stable and nicely balanced, what I mean is if you hang it off a neck strap it will not flop up, but stays hanging in a functional flying position, so it is nicely balanced. Firmware is updatable so it will not be outdated anytime soon. If you have anymore questions and I can answer them, please feel free to ask.