Tactic ttx 850

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
This looks interesting...
ttx850_main.jpg

Having used the SLT protocol, I find it very solid and locked in, and relatively inexpensive. Yes I know, It can never compare in price to the 9x or 9XR, but I might just consider this system, especially with all of the txr micros Flyzone has.
Also, If I read their info correctly, it has preprogrammed aircraft settings, similar to spektrum. If they did, I'm impressed. On a side note, I find fewer and fewer radios with knobs or sliders. Anyone prefer switches over those?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
That is how I use them on my XP 8103. I have limited switch assignment, and can vary my mixing via my aux 3 knob. It works ok, until you forget which is positive mix and which is negative mix. Snap rolls happen.:black_eyed:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Could you give me an example of the variable mixing you are referring too? I'm trying to wrap my head around that.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Could you give me an example of the variable mixing you are referring too? I'm trying to wrap my head around that.

Instead of enabling a mix instantly with a switch, you enable it gradually. That way, if you are programming a mix that (you don't know) has unwanted effect on your plane, you can enable it slowly. (It would be the same to adjust the mixing rate in flight, but without looking at the screen.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I understand that part, I was just looking for a type of mix that you would use that for. When I program mine, I use the three position switches on my DX8. I always always always have a know safe mode that will allow me to regain control and land the model. Then I have two options to set things up and see if I like it but I always keep the known safe mode just in case. I'm just having trouble coming up with a mix I need to adjust on the fly so I wanted an example of how you use it.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I don't know if you can on a Dx8. In my XP 8103, when I go into glider mode, in the 6 free mixes, at the bottom of the mix 5 and 6 or 1 and 2 (I can't remember which set), there is an option for switch programming to turn the mix on and off, and one of the options is the spoiler knob. This allows for variable programming, but only to a limited degree.
I think it allows 100% 75% 50% 10% 0 -10% -50% -75% and -100%, but don't quote me on that.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I get all that, what I'm asking is which mixes are you using that on. Are you setting flaps? I can totally see it if you're looking to vary another channel like flaps. What I don't get is why you would vary a mix. Are you using it for coupling ailerons and elevator for knife edge flight to adjust it in flight? What is the mix?

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Anyone? Not trying to argue, I'm curious why you would use that so maybe I can do something similar if it will benefit me.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
The mix is aileron and elevator, I can use it for any mix though.
Again, it is only available in glider mode.
I also set up crow and other mixes variably on the remote, allowing me to have less of a shock!(relative noob here!:D)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I also set up crow and other mixes variably on the remote, allowing me to have less of a shock!(relative noob here!:D)

You're wondering why a variable mix is necessary when you already have variable channels, right? Well, say you want to set up spoilerons. You know, both ailerons go up to reduce lift. This needs to be a mix since the ailerons are already in the aileron channel. So if you set up that mix with the slider, then you can adjust the spoilerons as needed. On my DX6i I can only activate spoilerons (flaps set with different endpoints) with a switch - boom - all or nothing. With a slider controlling the mix you can slowly increase or decrease the effect.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Well, you can leave the adjustment menu open and then as you're flying roll roller button to adjust the level you like. I would only do this to find a point I like and save it. I do see what you mean though. That would be something you would like to adjust on the fly. That makes sense. Another feature of the DX8 is the ability to slow servo movements for things like gear so they pop down or up slowly and scale like. I will have to see if it's possible to change the timing of a mix function.

Good example. That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

I haven't tried any gliders yet and with all my 3D planes and heli's as well as my scale planes I've never run across a situation where I wanted to dial it in. I have a dial on my DX8 that I can use but I never have. I actually try to program everything to my flight mode switch. I have all my rates, expo, governor and any mixing done programmed so that I can change it all with one switch and that keeps me focused on flying. Kind of like programming a run. A take off mode, middle mode, stunt mode, then back to middle and landing. Works for me anyhow. I like hearing how other people set up their stuff.

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Wow, I forgot about this thread. It will bind to any 2.4 ghz Tactic Rx, Tactic did manufacture some 27 an 72 mhz equipment, but aside from those, yes.

Wow, I forgot about this thread. It will bind to any 2.4 ghz Tactic Rx, Tactic did manufacture some 27 an 72 mhz equipment, but aside from those, yes.

Much thanks , I am seriously considering this radio as my turnigy 9x has only a model memory of 8. When I was just starting last year that seemed like a lot ...but 7. Planes later I have a upcoming problem ...lol

sajackson

Much thanks , I am seriously considering this radio as my turnigy 9x has only a model memory of 8. When I was just starting last year that seemed like a lot ...but 7. Planes later I have a upcoming problem ...lol

I recently purchased this radio myself. I haven't had much time with it behind the sticks (weather sucks) but I find it to be quite nice. I am however coming from a handful of cheap RTF radios so this seems like a Cadillac to me.