Tactic ttx650

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I am, I also love my ttx 604. I love tactic, but the receivers are really delicate. One burned in flight, no other problems, and three others lost their antennae! None the less, the wireless trainer is fantastic!
I haven't seen a range for the new radios though, are they full range?
If I can find one used, I'll get it, but that price is my years hobby budget at times!:eek:

IamNabil

All of their radios are full ranged. It is the anylink module that is less-than-full range, I believe.

earthsciteach

Dunno. It is twice the cost of a 9xr and HK Orange TX. For only 6 channels, it doesn't trip my trigger. What is the advantage of it over Spektrum?

IamNabil

Honestly, build quality is the largest perceived advantage for me vs the 9X. Mine feels pretty crappy, although it does all of the stuff I want. The wireless trainer is awesome.
VS a spektrum, the biggest advantage is the price of the first party receivers. Tactic actually has a 650 vs dx6i comparison sheet on their 650 page.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I also have a jr xp8103, so I would just be spoiling myself getting another computer Radio.
I bet you could boost the any link power though!
Hmm...

IamNabil

Quick update, I've received my TTX-650, and it is actually quite good. It feels like the plastics are probably a little bit cheaper than a higher end radio, but the gimbals are nice, the software is very easy to understand, and I've already tested out the wireless trainer mode. It works well!

teemark

I was just looking at this in the store the other day - it feels nice in hand, and they're selling it for $150 with 2 receivers (I think).

So I'm buying my first transmitter setup, and this seems like a good deal. Is it? - or will I just end up buying more expensive replacement receivers after the first couple flights?

I too am curious about this radio, going to need elevons for my next scratch build and my current radio can't do that. One other noob question. Can a spektrum module be hooked up to this? I have a hobbyzone champ that would would be nice to fly with a radio upgrade. Not a huge deal but it would be nice.

Small update. The Tactic 650 has been rock solid reliable in my FT Flyer. For my first computer radio, all the programming functions have been easy to find and quite intuitive. Switch programming is quite easy and I'm sure I've only scratched the surface of what this radio can do.

Only complaint so far is no backlight on the LCD display for night flying and the power on LED is a blinding blue. So if you are night flying and you glance down at your radio for any reason, you are blinded momentarily. Wondering if I can crack the case open and replace that with the usual red or just electrical tape over it as the LCD display will show that it's on.

Another small update. Have been using the TTX 650 in my PZ Radian and while the 624 RX is a little awkward to fit in there everything else has been great. Never had a loss in signal even when the glider was just a speck. Excellent radio :cool:

Trying to carry this thread by myself :) I now have twins!
2013-08-21+14.50.47.jpg

Finally got a chance to try the wireless trainer function with my girlfriend. Works great! Tho I'm such a noob it was kind of like the blind leading the blind.

She managed to loose orientation a few times and did a few scary dives but just a flip of the switch and I recovered for her. She really liked it and I didn't scare her off so I'm going to count that as a win!