Tail-less Scratchbuild

Jamblor

Geeze louise! Just came back from testing out the V2. I was hesitant since it's a bit more wind than I usually fly in. (17-20km/h, 10-12mph) But man at full throttle this thing rockets up. Once I got it up high I could shut the motor off and glide in. Also going into the wind it can almost hover at about 1/3 throttle. Cruises comfortably just under 1/2 throttle.

I'm very pleased with the plane now. So hooray! My first successful scratchbuild! :D

wingV2-1.jpg wingV2-2.jpg wingV2-3.jpg wingV2-4.jpg

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Congrats Victor!

She looks great, Glad she flies as well!

When you get a chance, share it with the rest of us and put together some plans. Might even make a great article for the main page!

Oh, and get that girl a nice paint job ;)

Jamblor

Thanks a lot Dan!

And I will be sure to upload plans. It would be so cool to see someone else flying this. And once I have everything sorted out I'll put up an article.

I'm also gonna see if I can strap on some FPV gear next. And paint. And a name.

Jamblor

Thanks, I do have some flight videos that I'll try and post up today. I'm gonna be busy for a bit so the paint/plans will have to wait a bit longer.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Looking nice!

Have you tried flying/gliding it yet with your FPV gear's worth of ballast?

Jamblor

Hi Dan,

Thanks! And yes I have tried it with both a 1000mAh and a 1300mAh battery. Doesn't seem to mind the weight at all. I also attached the video transmitter to the side of the pod and temporarily glued a really cheap cam to test out fpv. Good news is it still flies well, but I desperately need a better camera. Now hopefully hobbyking will get my order in stock!

I can upload the test fpv footage tonight.

Jamblor

Vistor
Very nice indeed.
Well done.
Aren't props in slots noisy!

Thanks! And yes, at least I believe so lol. I've only flown prop-n-slot foamies :D

I didn't get a chance to finalize the plans yet but hopefully I can finish them tonight. The plane also has a name now (Sentry R3) and the paint job is coming along.

My goal by the end of the week is to finish everything and write up the article for the first page.

And thanks again everyone for your input and support!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Nice color scheme! repeated on the bottom or did you pick something diffrent for visability?