Takin' it slow

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I know you guys are trying to get away from reviews, but I want to request one little thing. I recently joined RCgroups and in the Aerial Photography section the "GWS Slow stick" is mentioned as a very capable aerial photography platform. I found this on horizon hobby and immediately thought of flight test. Could you guys do a "scathing review" of the Slow Stick and its uses?
Thanks guys,
Carbon

Edit: it uses a brushed motor. Here's an idea: compare/contrast the brushed version vs. a modified brushless one. Just a thought.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That would be cool, however, they aren't doing reviews for Horizon for now. So maybe some other time, or just get a kit from HobbyKing and put HK stuff on it.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
The Slow Stick is not a Horizon kit.
A show devoted to the Slow Stick would probably be popular.
Especially a show highlighting a brushless build with some or many of the popular upgrades and mods available.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I was personally thinking about its ability to lift cameras like the gopro
Edit: oh, and colorex, that is interesting to hear, but at $35 perhaps they could just buy one and upgrade it with hobbyking parts?

Last edited:

oagh

Hay I have a GWS Slow Stick , I had a pico stick too but I put a 380 on it .....Bad Oagh......
it was to fast and fell apart in flight, It was just going to fast and i pulled up on the stick.....Bad Oagh......
It just fall apart .or blew up due to the speed,,lol
But Yaa
A GWS Slow Stick vid would be cool mine is in the box still .

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I was personally thinking about its ability to life cameras like the gopro
Edit: oh, and colorex, that is interesting to hear, but at $35 perhaps they could just buy one and upgrade it with hobbyking parts?
Please post a picture of a Slow Stick with a GoPro.

oagh

252603438_640.jpg
here is one, There are alot more on the web,
There are some nice vids on youtube too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqTpceF5_0s&feature=colike

its cool

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I like SlowSticks - for their simplicity. Standard airfoil, stick fuselage, and flat stabilizers in the middle of the thrust line.

How much simpler can you get? However I'm past the days where I want simplicity. Now I look for a challenge!