Tales (the long and the short and the tall) of flying in UK Weather.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I'm planning on doing some scenic quad flying in the hills this afternoon. Not going for big power loops of funky manoeuvres but some swoopy smooth shots.
Hopefully I won't loose the quad 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I did just that the other evening, video is nearly ready to upload, then we scouted some spots on Dartmoor for more flying.
Don’t wear the hat cam and it will all be fine...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I did just that the other evening, video is nearly ready to upload, then we scouted some spots on Dartmoor for more flying.
Don’t wear the hat cam and it will all be fine...
Had both of my quads freak out on me - got them back ok but it was very weird. The 5" did basically the same as the 3" did at the end of the video...

FDS

Elite member
That’s a very pretty spot. Weather was glorious today. I flew twice, morning and evening.
Did it miss the tarmac? That looked like a stage 1 failsafe at the end, sometimes if you are unlucky with the angle dead on then you can lose enough RSSI to failsafe. Weird that it rolled over tho.

Piotrsko

Master member
Another back in the day comment: unless the camera is always that twitchy, looks like signal loss or interference. Is there some way to monitor your part of the spectrum? Been my experiences that when I am out in the boonies, odd telephone and military comm signals are in really odd places. Here in 'Murica, there is all sorts of adjacent stuff just off 2.45 ghz at really high watts.

Reactions: FDS

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
After such an amazing long weekend of fabulous weather and great flying......the weather looks pretty rubbish for over a week and a half. I have my fingers crossed the met office are dead wrong 🤞🤞🤞

FDS

Elite member
It’s dark and dismal here, my lost quad has been outside since Monday and I have bern too ill to look for it again after the 6 hour search marathon after it went down.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
It’s dark and dismal here, my lost quad has been outside since Monday and I have been too ill to look for it again after the 6 hour search marathon after it went down.
Hope you do find it - the motors, frame and probably the electronics should be okay....just the battery will likely be toast. #fingerscrossed

IanSR

I generally find weather forecasters couldn't forecast a drunk in a pub, let alone the weather lol.

We're a plane down already, and the weekend hasn't even started yet (this was Thursday club night after the rain stopped):